Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/25/2004 5:24:12 PM EDT
Howdy all,

I am considering doing a poor mans Galil clone, and already know I can go with an ACE folder for the stock.  I need some help with two other items:

I know someone said that there is a Galil style foregrip available for the AK(SAR-1, WASR-10) possibly at K-Var but I was unable to find it listed.  

Who has Galil topcovers w/rear sights?  Possibly ORF?  Any idea on cost?  Also, I assume this will work on a AK w/maybe some minor fitting?

Thanks,  know AR's but pretty new to AK's!

Dawg
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:45:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is a place I found looking for the same thing:

http://www.vulcanarms.com/V47Rifles.htm
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:57:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the info I will look some more then
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Got pics?  Sounds cool!

I think I am leaning towards a bastard hybrid- most likely an SAR-1 with the black plastic grooved handguards, an Ace folder, and a Galil topcover or maybe one of those ORF HK drum topcovers if I can convince them to make one.   Maybe I can photoshop together what I am thinking about...

Dawg
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:02:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe the front sight will have to be altered because the Galil rear sight is taller than the stock sights. Someone on the other board did a Galil copy with their SAR-3and had to cut the FSB and weld it up on the gas block.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:17:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Try gunbroker for the small Galil parts. There is a guy that sells individual parts for the galil there all the time. Another option you may want to look into is buying a Norinco hunter and doing a conversion into a 7.62 Galil clone. They look great when there done.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top