Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/24/2004 12:25:37 AM EDT
So....., what Flash Supressor will fit on my SAR-2

I'd like to put a Vortex on it, but not sure if they make on that will work.

Any ideas????  It dosen't have to be "Romy correct" or anything, I just want one that works & isn't too bulky!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:52:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Romanian
Make sure your front site block pin will come out before ordering.  You will also need the plunger pin and spring.  I installed on of these on the 13th.

edited for spelling after one beer.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:09:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey Mak, could you please give more details.  I to want to put a FS on my SAR.  I thought I'd be able to install a Bulgy FSB and then screw a 24mm thread FS on but then I found out that Bulgy FSB will not fit Romy barrels.  Bummer.  So, how hard was your FS to install and what is this plunger pin and spring that you're talking about?  Thanks for the help.  Also, does anyone know if a Bulgy FSB can be easlily modified to fit on a SAR-2?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:42:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I installed that on a SAR-1.  Don't have a SAR-2.  But the threading of a barrel is not hard if you take your time.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hey Mak, could you please give more details.  I to want to put a FS on my SAR.  I thought I'd be able to install a Bulgy FSB and then screw a 24mm thread FS on but then I found out that Bulgy FSB will not fit Romy barrels.  Bummer.  So, how hard was your FS to install and what is this plunger pin and spring that you're talking about?  Thanks for the help.  Also, does anyone know if a Bulgy FSB can be easlily modified to fit on a SAR-2?

K-Var advertises a Romanian FSB that may fit but they are out of stock.  They were supposed to get some in I thought.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I threaded the barrel on my SAR-2 in 1/2-28.  It now sports an A2 flash suppressor.  
I plan on a Bulgy AK74 muzzle brake if the 1/2-28 to 24mm adapter will ever arrive in the mail.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:16:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:06:20 PM EDT
[#8]
So it sounds like even if I get a Romy FSB and install it I'll still be limited to Romy 22mm atttachments.  From what I see the only Romy attachments that are 22mm are brakes.  I think my best option may be to buy a Bulgy parts kit and use my SAR-2 as a doner.  Someone please tell me that I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#9]
BTT
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So it sounds like even if I get a Romy FSB and install it I'll still be limited to Romy 22mm atttachments.  From what I see the only Romy attachments that are 22mm are brakes.  I think my best option may be to buy a Bulgy parts kit and use my SAR-2 as a doner.  Someone please tell me that I'm wrong.

Why?   The cost of a receiver would be less than cannabilizing a SAR-2 for the receiver and building off of it.  SAR-2's are going for over $400.00 where I live and a completed Bulgarian build can be gotten for a bit over $500.00.  

Sell the SAR-2 if you are just going to use it for parts.  There are thread adapters at Global Trades and a few other places.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks MAK, I forgot about the thread adapters.  I think that will be the way I go.  I guess now I'll have to sign up for that pre order on Romy FSB at K-VAR.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:15:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks guys!!  I I'll believe thread my SAR-2 1/2"x 28 &  go with the A2 Birdcage!!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top