Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 9:43:47 PM EDT
Ok so I talked to this guy that makes fake suppressors for ar-15's they are about 6" long and machined from solid aluminum. I talked to him about building some for the AMD and AK rfles and I think we have a deal worked out. These are gonna look pretty bad @ss on those short AMD barrels and a hell of alot better than the barrel extensions and breaks. Anyways I told him I would buy 10-15 and he sounds like hes gonna do it but needs some time to think about it and wants to see my barrel before commiting. So the question I have is if I had some made who would buy one we havent talked the price over but possibly $55 shipped but hopefully less. Heres a link of what they will look like Fake Suppressor
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:20:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I would be interested. It would be just the right size to attach perm and bring the barrel out to 16" correct? Hopefully they would be a little cheaper because you see them available for $25 or so with 1/2x28 threads for the ar15. I'll check back here for updates.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:54:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm interested.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:57:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I will take one. but if I have a choice I would rather no printing than a 5.56 designation and idealy I would like 7.62x39 on mine
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:34:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I would be interested if they were a little lower priced
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:36:59 PM EDT
[#6]
The can would bring the barrel to around 17" so it would be plenty long enough for the proper barrel length. I will talk to him about marking them 7.62x39 which would be cool or like you said atleast leave them blank but probably leave the other engravings. I cant really give you much of a comparison for weight but cant see it being enough to make a whole lot of difference. Also I will try to talk to him about price but I think thats gonna be one of those things where the more you buy the better.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:30:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I would want one
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:40:05 PM EDT
[#8]
That writing is....airsoftish.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:42:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok so I mailed out a muzzle extension off my AMD to the guy that makes the cans so he can use it as guide for the finished product. I hope to hear back from him mid next week and will try to get him to engrave 7.62 on them. If you are interested leave a note and I will go through and email everyone once I hear from him. I am thinking between $30-$50 but as of now we havent discussed price and probably the more we buy the better.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Im interested. Im building a AMD and a krink kit so can he make one with threads for a Krink.22mm I think.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:11:22 AM EDT
[#11]
i'm interested. heck, the fake kac can from tdi is $125 WITHOUT the couplers!

btw, can someone post a pic of the can? geocities is blocked from my site...don't ask me why...
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:19:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Give me your email address and I will email you a pic
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top