Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/20/2004 9:09:30 AM EDT
I have an SLR95-mb that I would like to put a bayonette lug onto, or at least put the cleaning rod under the barrel again,  anyone know someone who's doing this?

Also can I put a normal non-thumbhole stock on this thing or was that part of the Sr. Bush import ban?  

damn bans, I'm so confused....
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:07:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:05:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Supposedly if your gun was imported with a thumbhole stock it doesn't have U.S. parts in it. At least that is what I was told about my MAK90. So I purchased a tapco trigger group, tapco gas piston (kinda hard to install), And I have choate upper and lower handgaurds and a U.S. pin on ak74 muzzle break.

I am going to get a U.S. pistol grip and either a wire folding stock or a AR telestock and adapter. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. BUT I am confident that this gun is 100% legal no matter what I do.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I would suggest a Red-Star Arms trigger group (three parts) and a new K-VAR furniture set (three parts).  I think you will have to modify/ add a rear tunion to install the stock.  I am not sure what you will have to do to add the bayonet lug/ cleaning rod holder.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:46:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Buy these parts:  Bulgarian gasblock and front sight base from K-Var.    The gas block will have the cleaning rod support  and bayonet lug.  The FSB will have the cleaning rod support.

Either you install them or find a gunsmith to do it for you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:34:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Sweet ripcode, I'll get some of those.  I'll check on the parts count, I'm not sure if I don't like the thumbhole or what, it feels fine to shoot but just looks sorta weird.

But not having the cleaning rod, that just bugs the heck outta me.....
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:18:23 PM EDT
[#6]
That thumbhole stock has got to go...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:56:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sweet ripcode, I'll get some of those.  I'll check on the parts count, I'm not sure if I don't like the thumbhole or what, it feels fine to shoot but just looks sorta weird.

But not having the cleaning rod, that just bugs the heck outta me.....

I get where you're coming from... the lack of a cleaning rod really gets me on SLRs and MAK90s.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:29:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I did mine last year.  Got all the parts from K-VAR

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top