Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/20/2004 8:13:00 AM EDT
I'm guessing ProChine

Picked up at Fun Show on Sunday... Chinese AK-47.  Nice wood stocks, "dirty blond".  Fixed stock...  Folding spike bayonet. 45* gas block, horizontal holes in gas tube. Chrome chamber, bolt & carrier. (Not sure about bore)  Slant brake, single position set for RH firing. Plunger works, brake seems "frozen". Safety/selector closes "over" the receiver cover.

Marked on left hand side above trigger:

"IMPORTER FTC
WOODLAND HILLS CA
"

Marked on left hand side on front of receiver:

"AK47S 7.62X39mm
MADE IN CHINA
"

SN (On trunion):

02XX

Nothing stamped or marked on RH side except for fire control positions.("S" "F")

Condition "minty"; Invested $635-700. Depending on what I could have sold some of my stuff for; the price varies.  He was asking $650 cash.  I traded into it.

Traded:

SAR-1 & 40 rd Romy mag.  Rifle had canted FSB- (Paid $305)
5-20rd AR15 mags (Universal/Simmons originally paid $15ea. - total of $75... Probably only worth $12ea./$60)
4-15 rd LEO Glock 22 mags (Paid $25ea. - total of $100)
2- Scherer/Rebuilt Glock mags- ($35 ea. - total of $70... Not worth more than $20/ea now))
1-Glock 19 standard capacity (Probably paid around $50 during ban.. Not worth more than $20 now)
1- cheap long gun hard case  ($7+/-)
+ $100 boot money (Originally paid $100- he even gave me $100 value in trade!)

In the past year, I've seen only about 3-4 AKs with folding spike bayonet attachments.  IIRC, all were Polytech and ran $1,000- $1,200.  I really wanted an AK with the Folding Spike Bayo to add to the family... Now I have it and I think it was a hell of a deal.  What do you think? Anything I should know?

Sly
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:27:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:42:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds nice

my uncle has one, I have it here right now. It is a Chinese one with thes pike Bayo like you said. It has never been fired. Payed 185 dollars for it. My family also bough 2 more out of the same crate

should have bought a couple crates

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:58:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sounds nice

my uncle has one, I have it here right now. It is a Chinese one with thes pike Bayo like you said. It has never been fired. Payed 185 dollars for it. My family also bough 2 more out of the same crate

should have bought a couple crates

If only my dad would have kept, temporarily lost or buried all the good deals he had way back when... Even when I factor in inflation to the equation- a lot of the stuff was still a hell of deal.

Whenabouts was your Uncles purchased?

Sly

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:26:09 AM EDT
[#4]
WMD, the gun is probably PolyTech made.  Early import. I remember when "Soldier of Fortune" magazine was selling them...big full page color ad...at that time it pissed a lot of people off.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:51:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
WMD, the gun is probably PolyTech made.  Early import. I remember when "Soldier of Fortune" magazine was selling them...big full page color ad...at that time it pissed a lot of people off.

I ran it past a dealer that I know.  He reported that Stoeger had imported them around 1984 and his Dealer cost at the time was $600.  He then mentioned that "that was about the time the big fiasco started".  

I'm not sure how much of that I should believe- but it sounds like there were some people not ready to accept communist hardware into the States?

Thanks for the feedback.

Sly
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#6]
BTT and another question...

If I'm planning on keeping one of the following as a safe queen aka future inheritance for the next generation of WMDs.. Which should it be:

My Norinco 56-S 7.62 X 39 near NIB with bayo and mags or this new acquisition with the folding bayo?  I'll use one or the other as my bitch.

TIA.

Sly
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:37:48 PM EDT
[#7]
You already know the answer.

BOTH
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top