Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 9:42:02 PM EDT
it has the slant in the rear of the receiver, I was thinking after I make the cut out for the folder , having the folder trunion area welded all around, has anyone tried this or is there just not enough metal at the rear to support the folder.
I am despirate now as Joken has not shipped my 3 receivers in over 14 weeks...I keep hearing 2 more weeks but plan to cancel my order soon, but already have the Maadi reciever, and want to get started.

also I have to take the receiver off the old trunions on the Maadi....I know poeple say to gring down the old rivets then drill out ...but what about using an end mill to get them down close...I just cant see how to grind off the old rivets without grinding into the rec and ruining the finish
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:29:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:12:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I concur, you would do better to just get a $60 OOW receiver instead.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#3]
what about using the end mill idea....anyone...........thanks guys
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Rentprop1,
Do you have a wooden buttstock for that MAADI reciever? I am looking for a buttstock that is not a butthole type, or not a dragunov type....just a plain old buttstock cut to fit the MAADI slant cut..

Thanks

archer2
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:39:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:55:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Rentprop1,
Do you have a wooden buttstock for that MAADI reciever? I am looking for a buttstock that is not a butthole type, or not a dragunov type....just a plain old buttstock cut to fit the MAADI slant cut..

Thanks

archer2

mine came with the but hole stock, although it is in excellent shape, if you find a sorce for the regular stock please let me know
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:05:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:36:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I've already spoken to Matt at Ironwood. They do not have any in stock right now, but will possibly be doing a run in a few weeks. I'm just trying to find one sooner. I thought that some folks might want to put folders on their AK's, which might leave an Ironwood-MAADI stock "laying around."
Thanks for the replies!

archer2
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:34:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I saw this::::::::::::In the Sept. 20 issue of Shotgun News on page 178 there is a add for a Black Polymer Stock for a Angled Mak or Maddi for $39.95. Picture show stock, handguards and pistol grip. Has anyone bought from M.S.G. in Fullerton Calif.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:11:04 AM EDT
[#10]
PM sent
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top