Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/17/2004 7:03:02 PM EDT
Who makes the best USA trigger parts?  I have been out of circulation for 2 years, update me plz.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Red star Arms FCG. Fully adjustable and milled from solid billets of steel, not to mention their customer service is second to NONE. I had some problems getting mine to work properly in my SAR-1 a while back and e-mailed Ken at Red star arms. He told me to send it to him along with a check to cover return shipping and he would take care of the rest. What I got in return was a trigger that broke crisp at 3.5 lbs. and he even polished all of the contacting spots to make it smooth a babies bottom. Needless to say I was pleased.

RED STAR ARMS
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:23:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the Gordon tech (sold out) trigger group in my Ak-103 and it is really nice. I measured the pull, it is about 3.5-4lbs and very crisp and light

RSA is a good one to go for though for sure

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:31:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Gordon tech now makes the "Tapco" trigger groups correct?...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:42:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Red star Arms FCG. Fully adjustable and milled from solid billets of steel, not to mention their customer service is second to NONE. I had some problems getting mine to work properly in my SAR-1 a while back and e-mailed Ken at Red star arms. He told me to send it to him along with a check to cover return shipping and he would take care of the rest. What I got in return was a trigger that broke crisp at 3.5 lbs. and he even polished all of the contacting spots to make it smooth a babies bottom. Needless to say I was pleased.

RED STAR ARMS

RSA triggers rock
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:39:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I just order the "tapco" G2 group..not because I heard it was the best but because I need a few more U.S. parts before I convert my MAK90 to a pistol grip setup.

I'm not sure if the g2 trigger will be better or not...I'll have to see.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:46:13 PM EDT
[#6]
IMHO, nothing currently available compares to the RSA piece. It costs a little more, but it's definately worth it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:41:36 AM EDT
[#7]
The G2 trigger groups are excellent for the price.   There is a guy on EE named Scott Gull who sells them for $30 delivered.   He has the best prices out there.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:00:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, I can officially say I've shot both.  The RSA has it beat hands down, but it also costs twice as much.  One thing I've learned - Don't substitute cheap FCG's in a rifle you're going to shoot on a regular basis.  RSA is the only FCG I use in my ak's now.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:15:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I have both. The G2 is very nice, But the RSA is bar none the best !
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:25:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:31:51 AM EDT
[#11]
RSA - without a doubt!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:08:46 AM EDT
[#12]
The RSA is a "match" trigger at half the price.

RSA makes a very fine product.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:21:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Would anyone comment on how  the FSE FCG compares to the G2?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top