BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 4:44:06 PM EDT
been a ar owner
wnat someting different

my local gun store only has one ak; it was a norinco w/ a thumbhole stock(sporter?, i think)

is norinco a good company/quality?

any advice/reivews

thanks in adv
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Their very nice most of the ones Ive seen...Or owned

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#2]
not sure why but chinese ak's are always spoken of highly.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:00:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive owned a couple and they both had good finish and great trigger pull...You cant go wrong for money....Jeepcreep is the man for Chinese AK's...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Every Chinese Ak I have seen(post 89') with thumbhole stock brings a tear to my eye. Why you ask? Well, because they were imported after the import ban in 89' it appears that most if not all, or at least all of the ones I have seen have their bayonet lugs completely ground off including the cleaning rod holder that is under the barrel. Because of this reason alone I won't buy one. In my opinion an Ak is not a true clone unless it has the useless but mandatory in my opinion cleaning rod. It is really more or less eye candy.

I must say though that I LOVE the finish on the Norinco's and Polytech's. I have yet to see an AK with a nicer finish.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:02:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top