Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/16/2004 11:14:41 PM EDT
So I picked up 2 amd parts kits and plan on doing a screw job but to make a long story short I dont have the equipment to drill and tap the front and rear trunions and wanted to know if any of you out there would be willing to drill and tap them? Or if not you could you give me some info on someone that could? I would be more than willing to pay you for your time and shipping both ways if interested feel free to email me or quote me a price.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:55:45 AM EDT
[#1]
You can't just mail that receiver to anyone unless they are licensed manufacturer I believe unless going through an FFL to FFL.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:56:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You can't just mail that receiver to anyone unless they are licensed manufacturer I believe unless going through an FFL to FFL.

Quoted:
.....I dont have the equipment to drill and tap the front and rear receiver and wanted to know if any of you out there would be willing to drill and tap them?....

I believe he meant front and rear trunnion, which can be shipped without any restrictions
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:51:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:11:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:57:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I did mean trunions thanks for pointing that out. Also I know the tools are worth the investment but being a poor college student in a cramped apartment doesnt really give me much to work with. Also I already have the tools at my shop back home but I wont be back there till Christmas and cant get myself to invest in something I already have.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:11:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:47:39 AM EDT
[#7]
As far as I know the only shops they have are for maintenance, and engineering students and probably wouldnt like the idea of a random guy using the to build a ak. You also have to remember that alot of college staff are liberal gun grabbers that would probably flip out.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Come on over a hundred views and no one interested in helping me out?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top