Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 2:55:50 AM EDT
I recently "crossed over" to the AK from an AR. Got the Arsenal Inc. SA M-7 S with the synthetic stocks. Had considered getting the Custom model for the wood stocks but it comes with the shorter buttstock, which hangs my nostrils in a very risky position over the rear of the receiver. Still like the look of the wood though, but more-so for something darker than the light blonde that the Custom comes in. Any suggestions?

Also on the buttstocks, I've heard of "NATO" length versus "Warsaw" length. Which is which? I would definitely need the longer one. Also also, is there any particular variety of wood considered the most traditional for AK stocks?

Thanks.

Luv the AK ! ! !
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:32:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:55:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:48:17 PM EDT
[#3]
the wood on my romanian was the deciding factor in my purchase.  it's friggin gorgeous for a $300 rifle.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:04:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Russian laminate is the shit. Too bad it isn't availiable in quantity.

Whatever happened to Polish laminated stock sets?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:54:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Laminate is 'traditional'.  Check with RPB.  I picked up a very nice American Walnut milled stockset by Ironwood Designs from them a while back.  Only $25, unfinished.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Awhile back, i bought the Polish wood stock for a milled receiver which I had on my SLR95 before going back to all black.    It was a very nice wood stock kit.  Truly a nice wood stock.  The russian stocks can be bought from Tantal and although they thay are not cheap, you do get a super nice wood stock with the much sought after reddish/orange color.  I do recommend the Russian wood stock if you are to only have one wood stock, I'd gor for the Russian one.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top