Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/15/2004 7:45:38 PM EDT
First off when I tried to ID the gun following the directions from here I noticed a conflict. On the left it says "WASR-10 Cal. 7.62x39mm" which according to the site is what WASR-10s are supposed to say, but on the right side it has what the site says should be on an SAR-1. So what do I have? Also, this grease shit is annoying me. I like my guns to only have grease where it is needed. Can I field strip this baby and get that shit off or do I need it? Would it be a bad idea? If I do clean it where should I put new lube? Also, am I the only one that feels like they're going to loose a finger whenever I stick it in my guns butt-hole to get that damn cleaning kit out?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:27:38 PM EDT
[#1]
If it has dimples on either side of the mag well(where you insert the magazine) then it is a SAR-1. If it does not it is a WASR.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:41:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:05:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Try to keep your finger outta the butthole,it'll bite you.Clean as much of the cosmoline off as you can then run about four 30 rounders through it fast,the stuff you missed will run out.Just lightly lube the bolt inside the carrier and the guide and top rails. Welcome To The Dark Side!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:24:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Try to keep your finger outta the butthole,it'll bite you.Clean as much of the cosmoline off as you can then run about four 30 rounders through it fast,the stuff you missed will run out.Just lightly lube the bolt inside the carrier and the guide and top rails. Welcome To The Dark Side!

I think this is good advice for whatever you do in life.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top