Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/15/2004 4:47:21 PM EDT

I was planning to get another AR after the AWB but common sense is catching hold and I'm now looking for my first AK style rifle.  So far locally the only thing I've found is a Century Arms SAR-1 for $360..What do you guys think? I'm not a big fan of AKs (yet) so I'm not looking to spend a ton of money.(less than $500)  I would like to put a flash hider and underfolding stock on this.  Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:53:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Price is what I paid for mine. The SAR1 is an excelent first AK, a bit  crude and rough on the edged but you will love it... go and get it.  Flash hider? yes  Underfolder? not sure
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:24:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:27:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:24:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If it were me, I would add a couple coins to it, and buy a Polish underfolder while you can get one! YMMV!

What Jeep said +1!

It's cheaper to buy an underfolder now for $500 or so, than to convert something to an underfolder.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks to everyone for their help...bought the SAR-1 today.  May wind up doing the sidefolder if its easier/cheaper> Looking forward to the weekend!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#7]
The Romainian sidefolder will be a breeze to install while the underfolder is best left to those who have had some experience with AKs since it invloves gunsmithing.   Personally I like the side-folder better than the Underfolder.   Especially if you decide to put on the black handguards and really give it a evil look.

Just a thought  :)
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top