User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/15/2004 1:58:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:47:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting CB...

German Engineering is marvelous.

On the flip side of the coin, there is no such thing as German Simplicity!

Sly
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:21:43 PM EDT
[#3]
You folks have obviously never owned an air-cooled VW.  One hose, has gas in it.  One belt, no idler pully.  A gas guage was an option on mine... that the original owner didn't elect to pay for.

I think I have power tools with more moving parts.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:05:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I wonder if the extending of the bottom of the magazine wasn't for semi (less spring tension) and fully secure position for full auto (more spring tension) ?

IIRC mine held 15 up 20 down ?? (been a while since I played with them).
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:21:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Ah yes , but from the way they were packed , I'd say they stored them collapsed. Plus the Germans would never allow such a waste of space !

Space.......perhaps that's it. They wanted a smaller storage package so they made them collapse??One that would fit in normal AK pouches etc.

I'll be post - post ban gawking at Niles as well...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Karl- "Ve must find a vay to keep zee vorking masses fully employed  or zey vill begin rioting.  Does zee committee have any ideas?"

Jurgen- "Vell, how about a .22 rifle?  Ve can alter zese magazines ve made last year..."
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top