Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/14/2004 3:28:37 PM EDT
This may be covered elsewhere; i did dome quick searching, please forgive me if i overlooked it.

I assume preban stuff was more likely to be the prefered gear, what are some of the variants (countries of origin) to keep an eye out for as many of these guns find their way back to the sale table? I recall Polytech was a hot name and pre-dates those stupid thumbhole stocks.

While well versed in AR's, I figure an AK might be be worth adding to my collection..............political incorrection is one of my passions!  ;) Without an AK, I'm just not wacko enough!

Andrew
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:32:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Since i couldn't find a button to prompt email notification as responses come in, feel free to email me directly at :[email protected] or do both and share with all. Thanks. Forgive me moderators if i did a no-no.

Sorry if i again overlooked the obvious; I've stepped away from the gun hobby for a while. The AWB sunset has resurecected my interest.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
This may be covered elsewhere; i did dome quick searching, please forgive me if i overlooked it.

I assume preban stuff was more likely to be the prefered gear, what are some of the variants (countries of origin) to keep an eye out for as many of these guns find their way back to the sale table? I recall Polytech was a hot name and pre-dates those stupid thumbhole stocks.

While well versed in AR's, I figure an AK might be be worth adding to my collection..............political incorrection is one of my passions!  ;) Without an AK, I'm just not wacko enough!

Andrew

The early "pre-ban" AK variants like Norinco and PolyTech are still banned from importation by the '89 import restriction. The only full-feature AK rifles that will be built now that the ban has sunsetted are the ones that are either manufactured here in the USA or are former post-ban models that have been updated with the previously banned features.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:42:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Since i couldn't find a button to prompt email notification as responses come in, feel free to email me directly at :[email protected] or do both and share with all. Thanks. Forgive me moderators if i did a no-no.

Click on the "Subsribe" button on the right side of the toolbar at the top of the page.  That turns on the automatic email as replies are posted.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top