Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 2:51:43 AM EDT
I am threading my barrel and have a question. My FSB does not have a hole for a detent pin. Do I need one? How do I keep the brake in place? Anything else I should do?

Thanks for the answers in advance  

archer2
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:06:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:35:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I have that same problem too.I'm sending my two MAK-90's off to get them mag/phosphate parked and I'll just have them to install them permanantly.I would prefer to thread the bbls but since I don't plan to remove them anyway and don't want to buy two replacement FSB that's the route I'm taking.    
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:57:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I really dont want to replace the FSB if there is any way to secure the brake/FH without soldering or welding........

archer2
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:08:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:26:09 AM EDT
[#5]
How good of a hold wil it give? anybody try this?

thanks

archer2
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I used Blue Loctitie and it stays on fine, about 500 rounds fired w/o a problem! Need wrench to get it off though
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top