Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 7:09:18 AM EDT
So, with the ones that are pinned and welded over, how do we get them to fold?

At 12:00:01 of course!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:52:03 AM EDT
[#1]
See my next message...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:25:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Id generally just cut the locking thingee in it in 2 and disassemble the rest, or just cut the whole dang thing off and get a new unmolested one to install... Not that I have done it yet
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#3]

1. Using a Dremel, grind down the weld on the right side of the folder mechanism until flush with folder lug.

2. Locate the outline of the 1/8th inch diameter solid pin. It may be difficult to see.

3. Using a mallet and 1/8th inch punch, tap the pin down into the center of the mechanism.

4. Et Viola!

To be Done:

5. Fill hole with QuickSteel.

6. File down excess QS to proper fit and contour.

7. Apply preferred finish/rust treatment.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:50:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:52:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Need some help, I carefully ground away the spot weld smooth, it revealed the pin, using a 1/8" punch tried to drive the pin in, it moved very little and won't go any further.  I used a very firm tap with a small hammer.

Now what?  Damn Murphy!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Need some help, I carefully ground away the spot weld smooth, it revealed the pin, using a 1/8" punch tried to drive the pin in, it moved very little and won't go any further.  I used a very firm tap with a small hammer.

Now what?  Damn Murphy!

Keep hitting it. The pin has to clear the outer lug, so a good 1/16" or more of movement is needed.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top