Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 6:21:31 PM EDT
So I was just sitting here surfing ARFCOM and with all these sunsetting of the AWB threads I started thinking about what it would take to unweld the Muzzle brake from my SEAK. I decided to pull it out of the safe and check out the welds. Imagine my surprise when I grabbed ahold of the brake and it felt loose! upon closer inspectionthe weld barely touched the barrel. So, for kicks I depressed that little locking pin and gave it a twist, with my bare hands, and the small bead of a weld popped off! Now I have a small chunk out of my brake ( doesn't bother me one bit) and I now have an Illegal assult weapon!    

I could weld up the chip, clean up the outside on the lathe, chase the threads and re-park and blue since I have the capabilities but it really isn't a big deal to me.  know I would be better off buying a new brake so don't even bother.  

Can't wait until Monday or Tuesday!  Yeah, I know but it appears to be a subject of debate as of late.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:13:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm glad it worked out for you!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:35:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I didn't think those muzzle brakes were welded on as there was no flash suppressor available currently to fit that type of thread?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:58:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, the brake had a small spotweld. I do remember when the SEAK was first discussed someone did mention that about not having anything else available to fit the threads. If I remember correctly it wasn't the spimd supressor itself that was the problem as they are regulated themselves, it was the fact that a sound or flash supressor could be installed.

Either way its all going to be good by Tuesday.

Except the sound supressor thing for me, we can't have them here in Kansas.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:03:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Naw, there are 24mm Flash suppressors, examples being the Krinkov-types and a new Bulgarian one.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:12:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Mak,

You are mixing up 22mm Romanian thread and 24mm Bulgarian/Russian thread.

24mm is a no-no for a few more hours.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top