Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 11:51:55 AM EDT
Just sort of curious if suppliers will be having any sales.   Or do you think they might  jack up their prices to make a quick buck?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:22:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Three days and five hours to go...We will soon find out????
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:03:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:45:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:11:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Campy, are you coming to National Gun Day in Louisville?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:00:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
no.

all the dealers around me will claim these to be "pre-post-pre-ban" rifles and try asking premium prices on them because they are now 'rare'.

i have a gun show to attend this weekend...i can hardly wait.

Taxman and myself are getting together to hit the ATL show this weekend, I have no doubt hilarity will be the order of the day. I just hope the craze to jack up the price of everything rare doesn't spill over to the "rare" Wolf 7.62X39 ammo, you know that stuff is Russian and could be banned!

Its supposed to be one of the better gunshows we get in GA.  If it was the Augusta show I would expect them to, and I wouldnt take my car there, Im not giving them a 2nd chance at stealing it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:06:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:26:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:45:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Tapco is having a pre-ban "internet sale".   Have a few good items fof sale.

I'm heading to a local toy show here in Ohio on Saturday.  Was hoping that I could find a few hi-caps for my Glock, but  not sure what to expect.  

I'll post results sometime tomorrow night.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:32:27 AM EDT
[#9]
The dealers will do everything they can to keep prices up on pre-ban materiel in the hope that the Gov will enact an extension or a similar bill. This attempt will fail after about two weeks. They will then try to cut their losses by selling pre-ban guns and magazines for whatever they can get for them, but everybody is pretty much stocked on them already. I'm just a regular gun guy with a few guns, and I have spent hundreds over the last ten years on hi-cap mags for my rifles and pistols. I can just imagine what the ledger must look like for people like CDNN, AIM, etc. with warehouses full of hi-cap magazines that are losing two-thirds of their value in a few days. I can just imagine the hand-wringing and hair-pulling going on now as they try to think of a way to salvage some profit out of all those pre-ban mags they bought up and hoarded. After all, since when did a gun law like the AWB actually expire? Who woulda thunk it? Then, there are the rifles themselves. Some, like the Norincos and Valmets will of course retain much of their value, but the fact that a rifle is 'pre-ban' will have no meaning in terms of value. A friend with a 'pre-ban' Colt HBAR-15 may still be in the chips unless Colt decides to start selling them again. That's the other part of the equation - whether U.S. manufacturers will try to 'look good' and just not make 'evil' guns. I think they may try it, but that won't last, either. In any event, it will be interesting to watch them squirm.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:08:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Probably get some good deals on post ban stuff huh????I've seen some AR uppers going cheap...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:51:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm going to buy hi-cap drop free's for my glock and to celibrate the deth of the asw farc i plan on sending sevral hundred rounds down range .one mag in honer of what the f&#k'y chucky schumer 1 for Mrs feinstein and one for slick willey.All in honer of there failer to disarm the country.Iplan on seeing if i can melt that glock.I in no way mean to threaten the mentioned people I,m just excited.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:20:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Campy, it's the big gun show in Louisville this weekend, thought you might be going to that.

Michael
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top