Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/8/2004 6:36:23 PM EDT
...saw one today.  I want a reliable plinker, not a piece of junk.  Don't want to spend big $$ on a high end AK.  Dealer wanted $379.  Thought I'd offer $300 since after the sunset it will depreciate and may be hard to sell.  Is this a decent AK, or do I want to go another route?  Thanks in advance...  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I got mine from Classicarms.us for $315 total after FFL and shipping. It came with 3 mags, 100 rounds of ammo and all the other goodies the romy aks come with. The gun has no cant and is a great shooter.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:04:31 PM EDT
[#2]
$379 is about right.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:08:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm looking at one for $230 out here in PRNJ with a bunghole stock.. That price might be a bit high.  Sounds like some need a little tinkering, but all the info is on here and looks pretty easy to DIY.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:12:40 PM EDT
[#4]
That classic arms site looks pretty cool.  I have been looking for a hardwood standard AK to plink with.  I like the old school wood style.  Would you guys recommend this rifle?  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:09:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:22:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
As long as the hicap conversion did not bugger the mag well, it's fine. Wholesale $180 plus conversion/US parts, $350 out the door normal here. Add value of choice for full QC inspection and confirm 'Romy straightness'.

RS39:

Forgive me for being a little slow, but could you please explain further?   Do all of the Rom. WASR's go through a "high cap" mag conversion?  Is a full QC inspection a quality check?   What is Romy straightness?   Thanks again, obviously I need the education.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:36:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:41:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, RS 39.   Is there much difference in quality/price between the WASR and the SAR?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:44:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:08:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thought I'd offer $300 since after the sunset it will depreciate and may be hard to sell.

there will be no depreciation in price after the awb (8000 more wasr's will be available from century in the next few weeks and i guarantee they will not go down in price.) also, wasr's are a few dollars less than the sar's. i think this is because they stated life as a hi-cap rifle and did not have to be altered.  
mp
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top