Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 7:56:31 AM EDT
Hello, everyone.  I am thinking about purchasing one of those new fancy, dancy, "match grade" US made gas pistons by Arsenal of Nevada.  "Match Grade," I cant get over that!!!!  Anyway, how hard would this be to install on my Polytech 7.62?  I can see the pin going through the bolt carrier on my Poly, so I dont think there is any weld to have to get through, etc.  Do I just hammer the pin out with a punch?  On installing a new one, do I just screw it into the carrier, leave a little play in the piston/carrier fit, mark where the hole will need to be in the piston, and drill it, then screw the piston back into the carrier and drive the pin in?  Or am I making it too simple?  Thanks in advance for replies.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:20:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:20:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:23:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks campy bob.  That should get me on my way!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:01:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Where can I get the pin at? Tapco didn't bother to send me one with mine.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top