Posted: 9/7/2004 4:39:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Who's Mike???
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:48:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#3]
If you look closely, his link has a ] before the www. Just remove it and it works. I'm sure he'll fix it soon.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:19:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:20:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:31:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#9]
was this guy a member?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:23:26 PM EDT
[#12]
ALL OVER A WOMAN?????  ITS NOT WORTH KILLIN YOUR SELF DAMN
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:33:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:37:49 PM EDT
[#14]
How about a Fuck Mike.  Here's my reasoning.  If he really felt it was necessary to kill him/her, he could have picked a less asinine way to do it.  He knew what he was doing to everyone in our community by doing it this way, and he didn't give a shit.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:08:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:47:43 AM EDT
[#16]
I hate it that he got caught up in this mess and did what he did, but it could not have come at a worse time.  I love the "truck load of guns" statement.  He was a fucking dealer, he's going to have alot of guns.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:23:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:08:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:46:03 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
How about a Fuck Mike.  Here's my reasoning.  If he really felt it was necessary to kill him/her, he could have picked a less asinine way to do it.  He knew what he was doing to everyone in our community by doing it this way, and he didn't give a shit.

He was acting out of rage without any regard for himself,let alone others.

A few months back,someone broke into a mans house and stole some of his stuff,including an old samuri sword.He had a good idea who did it and went to the guys house to confront him,armed with an SKS.After kicking in the door,he saw his samuri sword and the thief,he grabbed the sword and cut the thiefs arm off then fired six rounds into the guys chest.He's been sitting in the County jail since February awaiting trial.

When triggered,some People just loose it.These are normally rational People that get pushed over the edge.Its a tragic waste.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:47:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:57:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:09:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:50:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Damn,the Guy threw his life away over a slut that was'nt worth having in the first place.I guess Aron Sutton will be hitting the bars tonight in search of her next victim.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:55:30 AM EDT
[#24]
I told you guys months ago.. "Watch, you will see a spike in assualt type weapons used in crimes right before the ban expires"
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:58:30 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm with Campy Bob on this one: damn, just damn.  It is a trajedy, and if the news report is at all accurate there were signs this guy wasnt handling life very well, with police making several previous visits to his apartment, etc.  Like others have already said, however, you never know exactly what circumstances will take a normally rational human being and push them over the edge to the point of total lack of any governing controls on their own behavior and a breakdown of all rational cognition.  Sadly, these types of events can hardly ever be predicted in time to prevent.  I would bet we have all had feelings similar to this man.  I know I once did.  I found out the girl I thought I was going to marry was cheating with a guy who was "supposed" to be one of my best friends.  I had a terrible time coming to grips with it but, thank God, never lost control.  Needless to say, learned alot about friends and women from that experience.  Anyway Thank God none of the children were killed.  I wish we could rely on the courts, media, and public to see this as a random act of violence that could have involved a knife, club, pipe wrench, automobile, etc. just as easily as a firearm, but we all know we cant.  Those of us who exercise and enjoy the rights we have must hold ourselves to a higher standard and try daily to live in a way that reflects the most positive light possible on ourselves and our hobbies, beliefs, and way of life.  We the gun owners are the ones the world is watching.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:24:08 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was acting out of rage without any regard for himself,let alone others.

When triggered,some People just loose it.These are normally rational People that get pushed over the edge.Its a tragic waste.

No excuse.  If you did something to me that I thought required you to die, I'd at least have the courtesy to everyone else to do it in private.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:37:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Souns like a real piece of work!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:53:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was acting out of rage without any regard for himself,let alone others...

When triggered,some People just loose it. These are normally rational People that get pushed over the edge. Its a tragic waste.

This is the exact same logic (?) that the liberals have been using for years to promote the banning of all  firearms.

Sorry, but I gotta go with QS on this one.  Totally selfish act.  That doesn't take away anything from the tragedy of the whole situation though.  

Condolences to Campy. My thoughts are with you.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:50:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Update from the local paper:

Private graveside services for Michael J. Harwood, 32, of Madison, will be held at a later date.

Michael J. Harwood
Private graveside services for Michael J. Harwood, 32, of Madison, will be held at a later date.
Mr. Harwood died Sept. 7, 2004, in Geneva.
Born Nov. 22, 1971, in Okinawa, Japan, he was a resident of Madison for most of his life.
He was a 1990 graduate of Willoughby South High School. He was also an Eagle Scout receiving the meritorious service award for saving someone's life. He enjoyed spending time with his niece and nephew, and left behind many relatives and friends.
Mr. Harwood was the owner/operator of Harwood Construction. He was also a gunsmith.
Survivors are his mother, Cathy (Mike) Pietila of Mentor; father, Gene (Susan) Harwood of Concord; sister, Shannon (Dan) Schneider of Geneva; brother, Brian Harwood of Wickliffe; niece, Madelyn; nephew, Brandon; and maternal grandparents, Mary and Martin Fritsch of Willoughby. He also leaves his best friend, Aron Sutton of Madison.
His paternal grandparents, Dorothy and Eugene Harwood, are deceased.
Friends may call 7 to 9 p.m. Friday at The Behm Family Funeral Home and Crematory, 26 River St., in Madison. The Rev. Chris Anderson of Tri-County Bible Church in Madison will officiate the services. Burial will be in Madison Memorial Cemetery.
Contributions may be made in care of the family.
©The News-Herald 2004

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:12:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:12:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:06:47 PM EDT
[#33]
My friends and family keep worrying whether I'm going to be "that guy", the one who goes on a shooting rampage because his dog told him to or because his cornflakes were soggy. I wish I could say something that would erase all doubt in their minds, then crap like this happens.  Out of the blue, a gun enthusiast turn a hobby into a tragic crime.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:48:01 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was acting out of rage without any regard for himself,let alone others...

When triggered,some People just loose it. These are normally rational People that get pushed over the edge. Its a tragic waste.

This is the exact same logic (?) that the liberals have been using for years to promote the banning of all  firearms.

Sorry, but I gotta go with QS on this one.  Totally selfish act.  That doesn't take away anything from the tragedy of the whole situation though.  

Condolences to Campy. My thoughts are with you.

I agree,this was a totally selfish act.But I still believe he let his emotions over rule all rational thoughts.This,I believe,is what made him go on a rampage instead of realizing that he was better off without her and carrying on with his life.

I'm not making excuses for the Guy,he still knew the difference in right and wrong.What a waste.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top