Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/5/2004 9:56:53 AM EDT
Last year I obtained a demilled AKM kit(presumably ex-PLO) with a trademark I have been unable to obtain any info on.  This trademark is the number "11" within what I would describe as a piece of pie shaped wedge.  Date and serial number are 1974 and FB49XX.  Currently on gunbroker.com is auction 22677301 which features another AKM kit with the same trademark.

Is this some variation on the Polish Code 11 within an oval or something else?

Thanks, MRJ
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:18:46 AM EDT
[#1]
My research has shown it to be very likely a Romanian alternate factory. I had an ex-PLO cut up AKM about 4 years ago with this mark... Everything on the thing looked Romy....

-C

p.s. the one Brad is selling on GB is the nicest pie-11 kit I have ever seen...
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:35:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:31:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Pie or diamond ? One of my Romanian (semi-auto) rifles has what looks like an 11 in a diamond.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:49:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Pie-shaped - The bottom is an arc, not a straight line.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top