Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 7:57:45 AM EDT
I'm trying to fine a new set of Russian AKM wooden upper and lower handguards.  Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:19:36 AM EDT
[#1]
You have a few options.

Andrei in Russia. Decent price, but its luck of the draw. Also can sometimes take months.
www.akstore.net

Tantal here in the US. More expensive, but he should be able to send you a pic of the exact set.
www.tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru

And as much as I hate to say it, the classifieds at the other AK site, www.ak-47.net. I sometimes post some Russian wood for sale, and 95% of my sales come off of there.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:27:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Dave............check with Stottman,he's a great Guy to deal with!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:40:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I will have some Russian laminate to sell, but it will be at least 6 weeks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:54:36 AM EDT
[#4]
What do your prices usually run, ballpark?  Also, what's the "luck of the draw" part of dealing with Andrei?  His E-bay dealings look good, though I'm sure it takes time to get the parts.  

Thanks for the replies guys!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:04:39 AM EDT
[#5]
My ballpark is a complete a matching 4pc set for around $130-150 (this depends on the shipping bill)

Just handguards, around $40-50 (matching).

Prices are plus shipping ($8)

All of Andrei's stuff is shipped and sorted out by someone else. They dont really take the time to match everything perfectly. You might end up with a perfect match, or two nice pieces that dont.  He ships in batches. He waits until he has enough orders to make it worthwhile, then ships one large shipment to someone in the US. This person then sends out each order. I did it a couple times, but not anymore.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:17:28 AM EDT
[#6]
deleted
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top