Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 11:53:15 PM EDT
Guys selling a norinco paratrooper, looks like a mini ak...its a 7.62x as far as ammo. Anyways my question is, has norinco ever made a decent weapon? The guys sellin it for $275 so i'll probably offer him 225$

any comments appreciated

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:33:11 AM EDT
[#1]
A Norinco paratrooper was an SKS which was made for commercial sale to the U.S.  I'd buy an AK type rifle before getting one of those again.  If you want an SKS get one of these: Yugo
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:29:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#3]
^ did it come with 2 30-round mags?

btw this might be an sks model im not sure, but it came with 30 rounders & looked more like an ak
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:37:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:47:46 AM EDT
[#5]
i'd grab it, i think paratroopers are becoming pretty collectable..
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#6]
its the first one, a guy in va is selling it on gunsamerica
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:46:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Just so you guys know....

A Norico paratrooper SKS is/was not an issued Chinese military weapon.  They were made for the US commerical market and Norico's marketing scheme of labeling them 'paratrooper' makes people think the rifle is some type of military weapon.  

However, they are a nice, compact weapon.

Scott
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:18:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Just so you guys know....

A Norico paratrooper SKS is/was not an issued Chinese military weapon.  They were made for the US commerical market and Norico's marketing scheme of labeling them 'paratrooper' makes people think the rifle is some type of military weapon.  

Scott

Damn, I thought I said something along those line on the second post.  Must be mistaken.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:59:48 AM EDT
[#9]
The name "Paratrooper" was not a model name used by Norinco. It was not a marketing scheme by Norinco either. In the late 1980's Navy Arms imported several versions of the SKS rifle. They gave the different models thier names. They used the name "Paratrooper" to distingish the SKS rifles with 16" barrels from the standand SKS rifles that had 20" barrels in their advertising.  After the Navy Arms ads came out touting the "Paratrooper" model SKS all the wholesalers started using the name in there advertising too.
Navy Arms gave model names to several other versions of the Chinese SKS rifles they imported that had 16" or 20" barrels with factory installed features such as scope mounts,5rd mags, and bipods. Their names were the Cowboys Companion,Ranchers Friend,Hunters Companion,and Hunters Friend.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Just so ya'll know norinco did not use the paratrooper in it's military it was a rifle made for US sales.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#11]
In '94 after the ban I bought what was called an sks/ak and looked just like what was called a paratrooper. It looked like a short-barrel sks but accepted ak47 mags (with some persuasion) but shot reliably. Paid $250 or $275 but then prices were shooting up. Sold it and bought a MAK90. Norincos are very good weapons as far as I can tell. Check out AK-47.US for some info on Norincos and others.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top