Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 10:07:31 PM EDT
How the hell do I get the stock out of my seak?  I took both screws out but there is usually a little bar I can leverage against on my romanians but on this OOW receiver its not there.  That bastard is in there tight if theres not another screw somewhere.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:48:42 AM EDT
[#1]
They do fit snug. Take a wood dowel about 1/2" - 3/4" in dia. and place it inside the receiver on the stub of the stock and tap it out with a hammer. It helps to have some one hold the rifle while you do it.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:55:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Or try wiggling..I've spent thirty min wiggling out a butt stock..Little by little she came off...
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:02:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
tannerite.

+1
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tannerite.

+1

OK, BRB.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:29:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I take it the rubber mallett did'nt work.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:50:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, I've been working on this for pretty much 30 minutes a night for the last week.  Ive got a 1/2 inch dowel and Ive been banging on it with a no bounce mallet.  I'm not this simple.  

There has got to be a hidden 3rd screw holding this bastard in.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:21:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I have felt the same frustration.  So I waited until I had an excuse to send it to ORF and had Mike get the bastard out while other work was being done to it.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:27:18 PM EDT
[#9]
DAMMIT!  I'M NOT GIVING THEM ANYMORE MONEY!

My name is adam, and I have a problem.  I'm addicted to ORF products.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Campy,

Almost spewed on the keyboard.....You Da' Man!!

KyARguy
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:35:15 PM EDT
[#11]
just a thought. stick it in the oven. Put the oven at about 150 and let the stock dry out. Most wood is swelled somewhat from moisure. Also the metal will expand a little, very little but it might just be enough.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I spent at least  half an our trying to remove the buttstock from my sar recently - broke two screwdrivers trying to use them as wedges. Tried the two person technique - nothing!

If this doesn't come off, it's either tannerite or *gasp* - the dremel!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:55:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
just a thought. stick it in the oven. Put the oven at about 150 and let the stock dry out. Most wood is swelled somewhat from moisure. Also the metal will expand a little, very little but it might just be enough.  

That would be all well and good if the stock were wood.  The whole point to this is I want to moly resin the metal parts and I dont know if the plastic will take 300*F.

So I'll just pull off the stock....

... er yeah... just pull it off..

dammit.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:26:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Send it to me Adam.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:37:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Ha you almost got me there.  

I already mailed one gun today so far.  I had to stand in line and wait while the cashier chewed her gum for 45 minutes when I was the only one in the place.  Id hate to see how long it takes theres a couple people there.

How those tracers workin out in that sar?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:43:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Would you believe,I still have'nt had a chance to try them out!Its been way too dry here since Ivan went through.I think that was the last rain we had.Send me the rifle when you get tired of fooling around with it!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:59:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Is it a stamped receiver? I'm surprised they got it in there that tight without bulging the receiver. There may be some kind of adhesive on the stock. Let some penetrant soak down between the stock and receiver for a day, then try knocking it out with a bigger stick and regular hammer.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top