Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 4:04:35 PM EDT
Looking for a few photos of current issue Russian AK-74's. Gona be picking up a kit or two this week and would like to have a nice replica of the current issue 74. Thanks in advance...Josh
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:28:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Turn to CNN.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:29:42 PM EDT
[#2]
It's only going to get worse....
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Deleted- pic no worky.

Current issue is Ak-74M
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:07:09 PM EDT
[#4]
That is an AK-74M in the pic. Not sure if that's what you are saying or not...
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:44:17 PM EDT
[#5]
There are posters here far more knowledgeable about 74 series than myself, but I can say that if you are purchasing one of the Bulgarian kits there are at least two additional components that would bring it closer to your goal:

1) The plastic 74M sidefolder as pictured above.  Rare, and the most expensive of folding stocks you could fit on an AK.

2)  The smooth contoured muzzle brake.  Here is a photo of what they look like.  The brake that comes in the Bulgarian kits is more approximate of the style used on Russian 74s prior to the 74M (if I remember correctly).

As far as I know, Tantal is the only place you can purchase those parts.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:05:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Dont forget the punch welded barrel parts, and ribless receiver cover. For a guide, go to -
www.tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/variants.html
An excellent guide with photographs.

Also, there is also no such thing as the "current issue". Russian soldiers are armed with everything from AK-74Ms down to the earliest AK-74s. The current manufacture is the AK-74M, but all other types are still in use.

Here are some of my pics-

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the links there guys... I ordered a Russian 4pc AK-74M stock set and a new Russian sling from Tantal. To bad there are no Russian AK-74 parts kits on the market but the Bulgarian should do just fine...
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:05:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I ordered a Russian 4pc AK-74M stock set

How much, if you don't mind me asking?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

4pc stock set ran me $149.95 + $7.50 shipping but you have to buy the trunion kit which is $100. Luckly in my case the parts kit I bought is a folder so I did not need to buy the trunion kit. Well I hope I dont have to buy it...lol...
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:00:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I just had ORF retrofit the AK100 side folder to my SAR2 as well as a bulgarian barrel.  Its really sweet.  Can't wait to actually make it fold.  I call it a AK74 now, since there aren't anymore romanian parts on the gun.  Alot cheaper ways to go about than how I did it.  But it works!  
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

4pc stock set ran me $149.95 + $7.50 shipping but you have to buy the trunion kit which is $100. Luckly in my case the parts kit I bought is a folder so I did not need to buy the trunion kit. Well I hope I dont have to buy it...lol...

Cool....Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:39:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool....Thanks.

No problem... Tantal has them in stock but add says "very limited supply"
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:58:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Avtomats in Action (Tantals Web Site)

Check out Tantals web page.  He has lots of cool stuff for sale including late model Russian AK-74M Parts Kits.

Check out his "Projects & Exibits" link for lots of cool pics.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:08:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I dont think they are 100% Russian AK-74 kits... The add says they are a mix of New Russian and Bulgaian parts. My guess is the actual rifle parts are Bulgarian and the stock AK-74M stock set and hardware is Russian...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top