Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 7:51:40 PM EDT
I have a Norinco BWK-92 in .223 with a stamped receiver. When the AWB ends, I would like to replace the factory thumb hole stock set with a black or green composite standard stock set. Any ideas on where to find these?

Also, does anyone know what the barrel diameter is on these rifles? I would like to add a muzzle brake or flash hider.

THX,

Mic
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:44:25 AM EDT
[#1]
You don't need to wait for the AWB to sunset but you do have to replace 5 parts with US parts.  I have one of the same and have already done it.  Put a U.S. pin on AK-74 muzzle break.   Check out CDNN for the muzzle break.

You then will need a U.S. Fire Control Group, Pistol Grip, and gas piston.

You can get a original Chinese wood buttstock at Keng's.  These fit with no sanding. Check the first post in the Chinese section for their website.  Even after the sunset you can not legally change to a pistol grip configuration without adding 5 U.S. parts.

The polymer stock will fit with a bit of filing.  If you buy a K-var U.S. set you will just need to change out two more parts.   Trigger and disconnector would do it, hammer also if you use a foreign muzzle break to get your parts count correct.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:00:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Mak,

Thanks for the info. I checked out the K-VAR site and signed up for their forum group. I didn't know about the regulations regarding changing out five Chinese parts to U.S. parts to make it legal. I would have done it a long time ago!!!!!

I guess with the U.S. stock set and a new U.S. flash hider/muzzle brake, all I need to do is to replace the gas piston or hammer or something like that to make it "Street legal".

Thanks again for the info,

Mic
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:08:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:25:46 AM EDT
[#4]
RS39,

The stock set is more important than the muzzle brake, so I guess I could get by without it. What parts make up the "fcg"?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:20:45 AM EDT
[#5]
If you use the K-var U.S. set (3 parts) and and U.S. Fire Control Group (3 parts hammer, trigger, disconnector) you can still put a muzzle break on as you will have 6 U.S. parts.   A Tapco G2 FCG can be obtained on the equipment exchange from Scottgull? for $30.00? shipped.  If you wanted some parts cheap I can dig up a Century FCG which has been polished and fixed to do away with slap, a black US pistol grip and a U.S. gas piston.  That would equal 5 parts.  I also have a complete Chinese wood buttstock with all parts which needs some work.  It is oversized  has 2 small cracks where it meets the receiver that could be sanded down.  It has been stripped and could be finished to match the handguards on your gun.  If interested let me know.  Cost would be for gas piston and shipping only.  I would just give you the rest as I don't need them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:05:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:04:44 AM EDT
[#7]
An AR-15 muzzle brake or flash hider will fit? Do you recommend getting a threaded one or one that has to be pinned? Either way I guess I would need work done on the barrel to accept the device.  

MAK,

I sent you an email re: the parts.

Thanks again for all the info and for helping a newbie out!

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:23:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Pin on muzzle break requires no fitting.  Drift out front sight pin, tap on muzzle break and drive new solid pin in.    
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Mak,

For the muzzle brake, are there different sizes for the different barrel diamters (outside) for the 7.62 barrels and the .223 barrels? I checked out the on at CDNN and it looks good, but will it fit on my .223 barrel? I know it pins on to the front sight, but there is was no choice for 7.62 vs. .223, so I am wondering if one size fits all.

I also sent you an email re: the other parts.

THX,

Mic
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:23:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I put a 7.62x39 on mine as it fits and I am not aware of any other caliber that they come for.  Most Chinese guns were 7.62x39.  There may be a thread on one you could get but I believe the BWK-92 barrels are turned down to much.  You might ask CAMPYBOB.  I have only threaded Romanian SAR-1's.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#11]
MAK,

The muzzle brake from CDNN is next on my list of parts to get then. With your parts and the K-VAR O.D. green stock set, my BWK will street legal and way cool looking!

I sent you an email re: the parts. Money order is on the way.

Thanks again for your help,

Mic
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top