Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/2/2004 6:30:10 PM EDT
Are they any good? whats the going price for a used one.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:41:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Arsenal Inc (Bulgaria/Nevada) or Arensal USA (Global Trades)?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Are they any good? whats the going price for a used one.

Funny you should ask .

On my way to work today I was forced to stop by a fun store by some strange calling .
There on the counter was a Brandy New Arsenal SLR 101S  for $575 .

So I did the only thing I could do ...... I bought it
Along with some 20 round steel mags and a case of 122gr HP wolf fodder for it .

Oh Well ....... So much for work
I am impressed with this carbine , the Fit & Finish are top notch . The trigger
is crisp and breaks clean for an AK . I also found accuracy above par for what I was expecting .

I feel it's worthy of mounting some glass on its installed optics mount , and now that I've put a few hundred rounds through it .  I think I need its Cousin the SAM-5 only in OD this time
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:55:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats the same one I saw for the same price today but the one at the shop was used.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:09:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thats the same one I saw for the same price today but the one at the shop was used.

There are 2 on GunsAmerica right now for $539 & 569 . From what I've seen $550-650 New is the going price . With the 5.56 SAM's going for about $100 more .
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:10:23 PM EDT
[#5]
That is an Arsenal Inc (Bulgaria/Nevada).  Very good rifles, milled recievers.  Some of the best AKs currently sold.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a RPK-7 from them and it is awsome. It has a milled receiver and the fit and finish is excellent. If you have any questions email me. My address is [email protected]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:40:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Arsenal of Nevada is the one to get.  Don't get Arsenal Global/Trades.  Total  junk.  And poor customer service.  Do a thread research and find out how many folks had problems with their  Global rifles jamming.  Also, when you get an Arsenal / Nevada rifle, don't get the SLR series, get the SAM series.  The SLR series were imported with the cleaning rod lugs milled off, and the receivers had to be dremmeled out to accept hi-cap mags.  Get the real deal.  Get  a Sam series gun.  Intact cleaning rod and lugs, and the receiver was made from the git-go with the proper mag well.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:44:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Arsenal of Nevada is the one to get.  Don't get Arsenal Global/Trades.  Total  junk.  And poor customer service.  Do a thread research and find out how many folks had problems with their  Global rifles jamming.  Also, when you get an Arsenal / Nevada rifle, don't get the SLR series, get the SAM series.  The SLR series were imported with the cleaning rod lugs milled off, and the receivers had to be dremmeled out to accept hi-cap mags.  Get the real deal.  Get  a Sam series gun.  Intact cleaning rod and lugs, and the receiver was made from the git-go with the proper mag well.

I have a SAM on order , but looking at the SLR , I agree that the cleaning rod lugs have been machined off . Which is fine by me because I usually don’t keep them on my other AK's because they rattle .  Looking at the Mag Well I wouldn’t exactly call it Dremeled . It looks like the same machining that is on the rest of the receiver , and is without a doubt the best fitting mag well on any AK I've seen .  All the mags I bought today , and all the others I have at home , lock in , fit snugly and release easily .  

If your in the market for a Milled 7.62 x 39 , I'm sure you would be happy with this weapon .

As usual ......  My 2¢
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:46:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I have a Global Trades SSR-85C and find it to be an excellent rifle.  No problems at all.  Actually the reason I picked it over Arsenal Inc is because I wanted a stamped receiver.  I got one with a FEG.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:47:28 AM EDT
[#10]
I have both and like them equally.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:17:33 PM EDT
[#11]
SLR have Steyr barrels. Im impressed with mine. I also dont mind not having the cleaning rod handing under there.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:44:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I have Arsenal milled AK's and GT's stamped in 5.45 and 7.62. No problems with any of them.

My Firing Line milled '74 is now my favorite at the moment.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top