Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/31/2004 4:19:02 PM EDT
Which Parts Kit Is Better Quality?

Polish or Bulgarian?

Thinking about a doing an AK build and was wanting to know which parts would be of better quality and result in a nicer & more accurate rifle...

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm..Tough call I have 3 bulgarians and 2 Polish.  Boy...I think I have to give a very slight edge to the Polish for the quality.

Just my humble two cents.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#2]
um have to say bulgarian nothing but to notch shit coming from there
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:19:51 PM EDT
[#3]
IIRC the Bulgarian Parts kits (like the ones from K-Var) are actually brand new manufactured rifles that are imported from Russia to Bulgaria to avoid importation problems with the U.S.. I just ordered one of K-Var's AK-74s, $180 shipped. They come with sling, mag, cleaning kits, bayonet (something most people charge $40 for) and a few other odds and ends. Great deal, shipped out today... I'm going to die from inpatients! I would go with a Bulgarian.

Jack
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:14:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I like them both equally! I can't pass judgement on either, because they're both absolutely fantastic!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:36:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:13:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:42:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Polish, hands down!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#8]
btt

Thanks for the responses so far...
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:42:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Thread resurrected!

Still looking for input...

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:55:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
IIRC the Bulgarian Parts kits (like the ones from K-Var) are actually brand new manufactured rifles that are imported from Russia to Bulgaria to avoid importation problems with the U.S. I just ordered one of K-Var's AK-74s, $180 shipped. They come with sling, mag, cleaning kits, bayonet (something most people charge $40 for) and a few other odds and ends. Great deal, shipped out today... I'm going to die from inpatients! I would go with a Bulgarian.

Jack

Really????  If this is true, I wonder why the Russians are suing to have the import ban on rifle parts lifted and bitching like steers about the Bulgarians?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top