Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/29/2004 12:15:06 PM EDT
it's happened to me twice with the most recent coming yesterday. when inserting a mag if you dont have the front seated well before ramming the rear home it can get tied up by tripping the catch while not engaged in the front. does this happen to anyone else and is there a fix/cure for it. seems like under stress you'd be sure to screw up. one thing i dont like about the ak design.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:24:22 PM EDT
[#2]
works every time huh? thanks
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:55:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Out of numerous mags and numerous AK's I've only experienced that situation twice. It happened with one mag in one rifle, that being a 5 round 5.45 mag. It's so tiny it's downright akward to manipulate the way you would normally insert a mag. Never, ever had that problem with standard 30's though and "under stress" the 5 round mag would be the least of my concerns.

Are you by chance talking about a WASR or similar single stack mag converted rifle?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:07:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
5 rounders in 5.45 got stuck all the time.  They were a major pain to get out.  I threw them away.

Reassuring to hear it wasn't just me! The rifle looks downright comical with the 5 rounder inserted.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:06:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:12:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't have any problem with the 5 rounders other than that 5.45 mag, it's about half the size of a regular 5 rounder. It can't be 2" tall at it's longest point at the mag of the mag, I think you might get 10 rounds in it if you took out the whole spring. Gotta be the most akward mag I ever dealt with.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top