Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 9:17:43 PM EDT
What part should I replace to keep my count correct? Mag floor plates come to mind, but I have a whole lot of AK mags and isn't even having one with a foreign plate in your house an issue if it ever came down to it?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:35:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Your parts count remains the same, you're swapping one foriegn part for another.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#2]
You can have as many foreign parts as you want in your house.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:47:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought the Stock on my Century SAR-1 was a US part. If not, what parts besides the trigger group, gas piston, and pistol grip are?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:58:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Trigger group=3
Pistol grip=1
Gas piston=1

You've got the 5 necessary US parts for compliance. You're still good to add a US muzzle brake too. If you were to add a foreign brake or pistol grip you would have to offset the foreign parts. If you're merely swapping the wooden buttstock for the wire folder it's an even swap.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Just tape one of these to your SAR and you should be Good to Go.....

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:05:39 PM EDT
[#6]
AKsRule, that is hilarious. Gosh I wish it was that simple!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top