Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 5:58:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:42:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing wrong with the Mak. They take a licking, and keep on ticking.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
DAMN IT   Now I want another one to fill the rifle version to complement this one when I covert this one to underfolder, unless I find one just as good from another mfg.

That, my friend, is how the addiction starts.

Heh, heh... thank goodness I'm not addicted!

Oh wait......  I am!!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:19:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I recently bought a Mak form a member here in the EE. The fit and finish is much nicer than the SARs and other AKs I see.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:52:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I recently bought a Mak form a member here in the EE. The fit and finish is much nicer than the SARs and other AKs I see.

Yep, that's how it started for me too.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:39:04 PM EDT
[#7]
If the maks had a cleaning rod retainer setup (on all of them) I would have one.  As it is I would end up having it added otherwise it would bother me because it messes up the profile (imo) and that would destroy the cost effectiveness.  

So, I like 'em but I can't get past that detail.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:54:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm a big fan of the Chicom AK's but I tend to agree with AJjer_Bullets regarding the cleaning rod retainers. The again, I've seen some Hungarian post bans that had the cleaning rod assembly and others that didn't. And the Bulgarian SLR's.

It doesn't bother me at all on my NHM91 and I've got an NHM90 that should be aesthetically pleasing come Sept.15, cleaning rod or not.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:47:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:26:02 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
get the MAK! hehehehhehe...pun intended for those who are old enough!
I might even know where you could find a replacement stock set for it ....

Well spit it out!

I'm gonna be pulling FSB's and gas blocks and threading (Or adding thread adaptors) to some MAK's and so far the only "War Stopper" is finding "Affordable" stocks for them.  I've found a few places that carry them but everyone's in the $70+ range and they're not Norinco's.  

IMHO, if someone was making a stamped butt-stock and PG set that mated-up finish-wise to a MAK's handguards they'd have more business than they'd know what to do with  

BTW Cocked', I've always thought the MAK's were nicer too and I've owned or sold pretty much everything out there at some point.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:42:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
get the MAK! hehehehhehe...pun intended for those who are old enough!

MAKs are damn fine guns IMHO, also you can get around the FSB retaining rod issue.... Global (iirc) offers a Euro FSB with the retainer that has the correct id.

I might even know where you could find a replacement stock set for it ....

Yep, the Bulgarian AK-47 pattern fsb that Global Trades lists (B-622) has the same inner dia. as the Chinese units.

Jeep, are you talking a stock set or a source for stocks other than Polytechparts.com or RPB?

Edit: The Bulgarian fsb isn't hooded like the Chicoms but that doesn't necessarily detract from the aesthetics. My NHM's exibit 2 different types of open fsb's. Still working on some decent pics to post in the Norinco forum. Didn't have much luck last night, might try some out in the sunlight.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:53:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:08:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Triburst got a great addiction starter kit..HeeeHeeeHeee
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top