Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 2:04:26 AM EDT
Low and behold, I find some of the weirdest damn things on the internet, and this little bugger really caught my eye once I saw it. A buddy of mine passed it down to me. I searched and searched, and can't find a damn thing about this little bugger. It is by far, one of the weirdest variants I have seen in my AK time. Now, I don't know what to make of it, but it definately cool. Don't get it confushed with the AIMS Carbine, because that is the underfolder variant.

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:04:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I just passed on a parts kit just like that.. Should have bought it..
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:33:01 AM EDT
[#2]
They sell parts for them over here. I believe that K-var has most of them.

Current versions have the normal Romanian side folding stocks, not that weird one.

Also seen them in 5.45 and 5.56.

They are quite common on the German commercial market in deactivated form.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:36:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:44:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Neat pic for the collection! (I'm sure I'm not the only one here who keeps seperate folders for the AK's of various manufacture...) I dig the shorty AK's, domestic novelties and real foriegn varieties. (that said, for my money I'd prefer a 12 gauge AOW... but I'd love to handle one of those!)
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Masami's AK book briefly describes the shorty Romanian AK's in 7.62x39mm. There are 2 versions described, one has a AMD-65 type folder, the other doesn't have a stock at all, just a sling swivel. Otherwise they are identical. They are shown with 20rd mags.
There is also a picture of the stockless version in action during the Romanian revolution in 1989.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top