Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 9:44:14 AM EDT
Will you guys be working on Saiga shotguns when the ban ends? Something with all the compliance parts and then a folding stock and a pistol grip, along with hi cap mags, would be pretty cool I think.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure they will provided some kind of knee-jerk legislation isn't passed soon.

Won't that burn the gun-grabbers! I've shot a few Benellis, always wanted one, but a semi-auto Kalish 12 gauge with all the goodies would be the ticket!

Talk about sticker shock, $1575 for this civie 4+1 version!

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:42:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I wanted a tricked out Benelli M1S90 but they are still subject to the 89 ban, and I don't see alot of US made Benelli parts available.

A Saiga, however......
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:10:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:24:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I dont believe the 89 ban affected shotguns...

This act may be cited as the `Assault Weapon Act of 1991'.

SEC. 2. PROHIBITION AGAINST THE IMPORTATION AND THE MANUFACTURE OF ASSAULT WEAPONS AND RELATED DEVICES.

(a) In General: Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:

`(s) It shall be unlawful for any person to import or manufacture--

`(1) a firearm having threading, lugs, or other characteristics which are designed to facilitate the direct attachment of a silencer, bayonet, grenade launcher, flash suppressor, or folding stock to the firearm;

`(2) any part or combination of parts designed to facilitate the attachment of a bayonet, silencer, grenade launcher, flash suppressor, or folding stock to a firearm;

`(3) a shotgun with a fixed magazine which is capable of holding 7 or more rounds of ammunition;

`(4) a detachable magazine, drum, belt, feed strip, or similar device which has a capacity of, or can be readily restored or converted to accept, 10 or more rounds of ammunition;

`(5) any combination of parts--

What I take from this is any Benelli I make has to be restricted to 6 rounds, if I have a pistol grip. Anyone else care to comment? I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:35:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:26:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Well hot damn

I still want a Saiga though
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:21:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
7 rounds in the magazine is standard for the 18" and 21" Benellis.

The AWB I believe prevented you from having both an extended tube AND a pistol grip.

Not trying to sidetrack the thread too much but the M1 Super 90 isn't even listed on Benelli's website. While it doesn't have the novelties of the new model(s) you could find a pre-ban for less $$. Ghost rings and rails can be added. (like I really need optics to defend my home with an 18" bbl. 12 ga....SWAT toys...)

I recall reading some ATF/Bartlett letters regarding a proposed Soupbowl conversion or two. I think they were trying to modify the Saiga 12 in a fashion that would be pistol grip and detachable mag with proprietory mags that would prohibit the use of the somewhat non-existant 8 round mags. I'm interested to see what becomes of it all, I've never shot a 12ga. Kalishnikov, it's gotta be a hoot! 5+1 would still beat the capacity and price on the Benelli. The Benellis are superbly crafted pieces but we AK fans know how rugged and reliable they are.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:07:49 PM EDT
[#10]
That was an informative sidetrack

Now back to brass tacks

ORF? Inrange? Are you guys going to work on these after the ban?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top