Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Cheap.  $179.00
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:02:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:12:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
it's a good platform to build a beater ak on. a little time with a file, a few usa parts bought on the cheap and you can undercut the price of a wasr high cap.

many of us like the do-it-yourself approach.

I would think it would be hard to precisley file the mag well.  What I dont get is why the upcharge for the High Cap Conversion.  A gun that retails for $180 and then some cheap U.S. parts and a little machining would cost about $120 more??  Century Arms must be making a killing off of the high caps
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#6]

I would think it would be hard to precisley file the mag well.  What I dont get is why the upcharge for the High Cap Conversion.  A gun that retails for $180 and then some cheap U.S. parts and a little machining would cost about $120 more??  Century Arms must be making a killing off of the high caps

seems like a fair price to me. and it's more like $100. you figure around $50 for the u.s. parts and $50 for the filing. you're not going to find the compliance parts and machining for much cheaper unless you do it yourself.  
mp
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:41:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

seems like a fair price to me. and it's more like $100. you figure around $50 for the u.s. parts and $50 for the filing. you're not going to find the compliance parts and machining for much cheaper unless you do it yourself.  
mp

Yeah but I have never seen a WASR 10 High cap for under $350 at local dealers here in AR or in FL where I am orginally from.  And they get those U.S. Parts dirt cheap becasue they are shit parts
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:58:05 PM EDT
[#8]
local pawn shop here has a WASR-10 hicap with thumbhole stock for $399
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

what a rip, I have seen them at some shops for the same price.  They rely on the non-ARFCOM type to walk in there and just pay top dollar for them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:26:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what a rip, I have seen them at some shops for the same price.  They rely on the non-ARFCOM type to walk in there and just pay top dollar for them.

yeah hes also got my stainless Mini-30 there that I polished (looks nickel plated) with a tag on it for $450
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top