Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 9:03:41 PM EDT
OK-Even though SteyerAug says I am not an FFL, and he is always right, I finally got some of these guns in today from Atlantic Firearms.  (you can verify this with Blaine Bunting, because I know that some of you think that SteyerAug is never wrong) I got several of the Black Plastic furniture ones in.  First-the Good News: The finish of  these guns is AR quality, no doubt about it. Very fine Park finish, beautiful receivers and other parts.  Cleaning rod lug / bayonet mount is not milled off, but is intact so your rod does not come out while firing.   Also, nice slant brake, and the plunger is intact and operable!!!  And very good price from Atlantic as well.  

Now I know this next part is not important to some of you, but it is to me and my customers:  These guns, unlike the Arsenal / Global Trades AK's,  ACTUALLY WORK!!!!  I put about 200 rounds through one with no problems.  (After installing a BlackJack, of course!!)   Try that with an Arsenal / Global AK!!!  You'd be lucky to get through the first mag with a Global AK.  (And their customer service sucks to boot!!)  So anyway, you can't go wrong with a Vector AK.  They have a beautiful finish-sort of like the Global AK's, but these Vectors actually work.      

Now for the bad news:  Thes guns were packed like SHIT!!!  On EVERY one of these guns, the op rod handles and front sight blades had protruded through their boxes.  One of the op rod handles  even went all the way through the outer box as well, and was scraped up pretty bad on what looks like asphalt.  I'm not blaming anybody for this damage, and in truth it was easily covered up by some flat black grille paint.  I am going to keep this rifle for myself.  (That was my test rifle)   These guns were obviously handled very rough by FedEx.     But in the future, it would behoove Vector and Atlantic Firearms to take steps to prevent this type of crap from happening-they should cover the op rod handle and the front sight blades like Arsenal / K-VAR does, or like CMMG does.  These two companies go to great lenghts to insure you receive a damage-free product.    Also, these AK's did not include slings or cleaning kits.  That sucks.  Every AK I have ever bought has had a sling and a tube cleaning kit.  I don't know if this is a case of dealer robbery, but I am going to contact Vector and inquire if these did indeed ship with a sling.  If they did, I will never order from Atlantic again.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:51:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd blame UPS for the damage.. Those brown turds damage soo much freight it is not even funny.. Every time the BBT(Big Brown Turd) delivers a order at work, I have to hold the driver there till I insect every package, because the boxes are allways, not sometimes but allways mangled...

GO DHL!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:06:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't blame UPS beacuse people lack basic packing skills. I see it everyday.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:04:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Why blame UPS.  FEDEX delivered them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:08:51 AM EDT
[#4]
"No sling and cleaning kit"?

An AK just isn't an AK without a sling!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:47:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the report.  I've been considering one.

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:41:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:21:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Furniture is very tight.   Yes rivets are tight-are they ever loose??  That sounds scary!!  No canted front sights,  and yes, the gun is as accurate as it can be.  The best way I can describe these guns is that they are every bit as beautiful as Arsenal / Global Trades guns, but these ones  actually work!!!  The OOW  receiver seems very sturdy, and the guns come stamped with some type of inspection mark, sort of like the ArmaLite proof mark.   Very lightweight also.   I have a few Romy sidefolders I am going to mount on these on Sept. 13th.  I fit and function tested all of these guns with several types of mags-steel, Polish Synthetic, and Bulgarian Waffle.  All fit and feed great.   Sorry, no pics.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:36:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm considering buying one of these simply because my brother bought one several months ago before they even listed them on their site, most people didn't even believe it could be a Vector because they didn't know they were making them. He found it in a local store here in AZ.

The reason I'm thinking of getting one is that his is emaculate. A beautiful finish and VERY accurate. The only thing we have been wondering about is the recoil, it seems to kick harder than my FAL, is that normal from an AK? the only other AK I've ever fired was my other brothers MAK90, but that was years ago and I can't remember how the recoil was.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:59:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm considering buying one of these simply because my brother bought one several months ago before they even listed them on their site, most people didn't even believe it could be a Vector because they didn't know they were making them. He found it in a local store here in AZ.

The reason I'm thinking of getting one is that his is emaculate. A beautiful finish and VERY accurate. The only thing we have been wondering about is the recoil, it seems to kick harder than my FAL, is that normal from an AK? the only other AK I've ever fired was my other brothers MAK90, but that was years ago and I can't remember how the recoil was.

It probably doesn't kick as much as that FAL of yours picked up at the BAR-B-Q.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:36:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It probably doesn't kick as much as that FAL of yours picked up at the BAR-B-Q.

Well this young man thought so. (He's a young Russian kid I took shooting last weekend)

I actually didn't shoot the AK that day but it did kick more before the party, so since I swapped the Brake for a Belgian Combo my FAL might kick a little more, but as I said, that young man thought they were similar.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Now I know this next part is not important to some of you, but it is to me and my customers:  These guns, unlike the Arsenal / Global Trades AK's,  ACTUALLY WORK!!!!  I put about 200 rounds through one with no problems.  (After installing a BlackJack, of course!!)   Try that with an Arsenal / Global AK!!!  You'd be lucky to get through the first mag with a Global AK.  (And their customer service sucks to boot!!)  So anyway, you can't go wrong with a Vector AK.  They have a beautiful finish-sort of like the Global AK's, but these Vectors actually work.      

Never had a single problem with my SSR-85C.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top