Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/23/2004 9:18:47 PM EDT
Does anybody have any pics of the rpk 7 with a flash hider. What kind do the russians use?  Thanks JC
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:25:01 PM EDT
[#1]
RPK-7 as in the post-ban Arsenal rifles? Doubt you'll see a pic until the 14th of September. Personally, my RPK clone would be getting a conical Romanian unit but parts count issues will force me to use a Dragonov type unit from Global Trades. The Rommie flash hider looks pretty good on my 56s and works effectively FWIW.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:35:25 PM EDT
[#2]
My rifle is a post ban. How hard is it to replace the flash hider after the ban?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:50:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll reply since I'm still awake and on-line. I don't have enough experience with the Arsenal rifles to be sure if they welded on a muzzle nut over the existing threads or completely de-milled them. common sense would lead me to think an American AK mfg. simply welded a muzzle nut on the threaded bbl.. 99.9 or 100% of the true RPK pics I've stored simply have a muzzle nut but they do seem to me be a rifle that a flash hider would actually be installed on. Then again at full auto fire I'd have to question their performance since I don't have one to play with..

Your call on a muzzle device I'd say, the plain nut is very common. I see where you're at with the sunset of the ban and what-not, you've got threads and want to add something while the window's open. Depending on parts count, Global Trades has a nice selection of what they claim to be "experimental" muzzle brakes and flash hiders for the 14x1 AK's that are U.S. made. I'd buy a couple, choose my favorite and sell or trade the other when they too are banned.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:36:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:06:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Guys for the info.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top