Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2004 1:31:38 PM EDT
How does they double shot principle work?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:17:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:54:46 PM EDT
[#2]
The first 2 shots is claimed to be 1800RPM.. The AN94 is a neat looking peice, but
I would worry about the cable and pulley system breaking down.. But I'm sure the ruskies have that solved...
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:13:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw it on the History Channel last night Tales Of The Gun: Russian Firearms. Looks like a great rifle even with the barrel going back and forth. They said Russia doesn't have enough money to outfit their army with them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Think they'd let us do a group buy?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:47:19 AM EDT
[#5]
i saw the history channel special too! That is one awesome gun!  I never realized it was shooting 2 rounds at once, or maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.  Its a shame we can't get awesome toys like that over here.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:16:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I saw it on the History Channel last night Tales Of The Gun: Russian Firearms. Looks like a great rifle even with the barrel going back and forth. They said Russia doesn't have enough money to outfit their army with them.

Why would they want to?

Sure, the firing mechanism is nice, but look at the rest of the right; IT SUCKS! I think the same people who design cheap accessories here designed the outer body of that gun. NOTHING can be operated with the stock folded, other than the mag release; unlike every other military rifle out there.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:38:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Campy, you da man.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:50:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:08:42 PM EDT
[#9]
In Small Arms Review, they did a nice write up on the AN94.

The second round fires bbefore the barrel assembly has reached MAX rearward movement.  That is why the first two rounds are fired SO fast.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top