Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/19/2004 9:05:17 PM EDT
anyone have a synthetic stock on any of their AKs? what are the pros and cons? where can I get one and how do they hold up?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:21:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a couple now and i like them alot.  They are the K-Var USA MFG NATO length
stocks.  One is on my ORF AK-74 and the other is on a formerly thumbhole stocked
NHM-90.  They may take a little fitting, depending on what you put them on.
I have seen some that need lots of fitting, anf some that need nothing more than a
good whack with a mallet to seat them properly on the receiver.
The USA length are a longer stock than the standard AK guns have and that is one advantage
of the synthetic stocks over the standard wood. Not that i dislike the origonal stocks,but the
synthetic is just a nice touch. Tough as you could ever want them too.

What are you going to put it on ??

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:33:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I will be putting it on a stamped Romanian SAR-1. I noticed Florida Gunworks has a "Black Polymer US Made" for $100.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:33:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I got mine from KVar. I ordered plum, but got black. Didn't feel like waiting for them to arrive again so I kept the black. They got black, plum, and OD green, and also two different lengths. Warsaw, which is the same length as the originals and NATO, which is 1.25in. longer. Very nice stock set. Only problem with them so far is the bottom handguard is loose going front and back. I guess it's pretty common on the SAR1s. I've heard others say they have the looseness too. But not that big of a deal. A little annoying though. Anyway, they'll run you $90 from KVar. On the bottom right of link page belowe.
flashlegs

kvar US made stocks
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:16:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:14:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't get Hesse(Vulcan)Plastic!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:44:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Forget Florida Gun Works. Their prices are high and their service SUCKS. You can get the same one from K-VAR for less money without any hassles.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:49:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like KVar is the place to go. I've currently got a wood stock on it now and the damn thing has already cracked twice (top and bottom handguard pieces). I've always preferred synthetic stocks on all of my wood stock rifles but I've never tried them on AKs. Thanks for everyone's help and replies.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:09:11 AM EDT
[#8]
This is the $65 Bulgarian plum stock set from K-Var. Comes with a US pistol grip to keep the parts count right on the SAR.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:53:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:57:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Ones with heat sheilds, like Bulgy and KVAR, are better isnulating than wood. Ones without are no fun at all.

that makes sense. I'm going to synthetic for sure. nice setup bystander.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top