Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/14/2004 12:54:29 PM EDT
Hi guys, due to the comparativly steep price of the SAR-1 I am considering purchasing a WASR-10. Besides the conversion factor, is their any other differences in the internal parts, particularly the bolt or internal rails? Also, the one I looked at in the local shop caused the guy behind the counter a hell of a time when I asked him to remove the mag. He had to bang the mag release with the butt of a screw driver to get it open. There was also a generous amount of mag wiggle compared to other AK's I have handled. How commmon are these problems? Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/14/2004 1:20:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/14/2004 9:44:24 PM EDT
[#2]
the mag wiggle is very common but its not a big deal, in mine it seems that mags all fit a little different and i have found the ones that fit just right and those are the ones that i use the most.
Link Posted: 6/14/2004 10:13:56 PM EDT
[#3]
The price of WASR 10 hi cap seem to be getting high in the $375-450 range for that price I would look at getting a Polish underfolder from Ohio Rapid Fire for $500 or a Global Trades SSR-562 for $459,  the WASR 10 high cap is a Badly finished basic AK nothing special Romanian Bulid  The Polish Underfolder seem to be pretty popular right now, must have just imported a bunch.

And dont forget the one thing about the WASR 10, that nasty trigger slap  there's nothing like shooting three hundred rounds while your finger is hurting like a bitch
Link Posted: 6/15/2004 7:19:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/15/2004 8:22:23 AM EDT
[#5]
my WASR actually has a pretty tight mag well. too tight sometimes. the trigger isnt unpleasant to shoot fo ra logn time either.

but damn if that mag catch lever doesn't take a hammer to get loose every once and a while! is there any simple solution to that? i seem to recall seeing a "Tactical" mag release with a bigger lever that you could operate with your trigger finger. is that a viable solution for osmeone liek me with no mechanical talent at all?
Link Posted: 6/15/2004 8:45:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:40:27 AM EDT
[#7]
tag
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top