Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/8/2004 1:14:21 PM EDT
I just wanted to share this with you all as I can’t get it out of my mind. I found this pic over on the akfiels, the rifle belongs to dull_machete and I am in love with the wood that is on his rifle. I know everybody has different tastes in thinks like this, but I think this wood is absolutely beautiful and totally works great on the AK. Just too cool to not share.

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 1:17:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like my Norinco Preban...I striped the finish and redid in Red Oak....looks very good. I did the same tthing to SAR1 I had recently also.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 1:17:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice looking timber there.

KF
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 2:23:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's the wood I did up for my AMD63 conversion

all put together
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 2:56:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I think that looks alot like my SAR1. I'll finally have to post some pics of it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry had a Bevis and Butthead moment whe I read the topic....Common phases between gay men and AK-47 collectors
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Wish I had a digital camera. I bought a complete set of milled wood off of GunBroker a few weeks back, that is just beautiful. It is Elm, witha reddish stain to it. It was advertised as Polish. It has the flat-sided lower forearm, and a nice checkered pistolgrip. It came wrapped in wax paper, with lots of cosmoline. It has a few minor dings in the forearms, but overall, a very nice set. The coolest part is the date on the lower forearm. March 1st 1955. The guy who sold it to me said he got it straight from a man in Poland. Now I'm just waiting on the funds to buy me a milled SLR-100, so I can put it to good use.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I just wanted to share this with you all as I can’t get it out of my mind. I found this pic over on the akfiels, the rifle belongs to dull_machete and I am in love with the wood that is on his rifle. I know everybody has different tastes in thinks like this, but I think this wood is absolutely beautiful and totally works great on the AK. Just too cool to not share.

img1.photobucket.com/albums/1003/ripper11/ack/RED.jpg

Nice shit....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top