BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2004 10:17:15 AM EDT
I am thinking about getting one these:

www.ak-103.com/gallery/AK-102_Custom/slides/img_cus_AK102-6_lg.html

and mounting an ARMS #40L or something similar on it as a BUIS along with red dot scope...

Would this work or would the BUIS sit too high relative to the front sight?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:25:46 AM EDT
[#1]
The ARMS 40 would be way too high to be of any use. Another option you could look at (albiet expensive) is the UltiMAK rail system that replaces the upper handguard. You can mount an Aimpoint on that and you can still use the iron sights.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 2:24:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:57:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the feedback!
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:29:45 PM EDT
[#4]
If you email Chris (might take a couple three days to reply) or better yet, call him, you can probably get his opinion on this issue. He's very good with replying and answering questions, especially since it's his mount you're asking about.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:33:51 AM EDT
[#5]
That's a pic of my rifle.  I can tell you without a doubt you will not be able to use a rear sight made for the AR flat top.  It wasn't designed that way......it was made to be used with the Krebs rear peep.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice rifle!

What is the "krebs" rear peep... any pics? Similar to mojo sight sold by RSA?

Quoted:
That's a pic of my rifle.  I can tell you without a doubt you will not be able to use a rear sight made for the AR flat top.  It wasn't designed that way......it was made to be used with the Krebs rear peep.

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:22:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:00:54 AM EDT
[#9]
There are no issues securing it to the dust cover, so long as you are installing it on a quality made AK.  I wouldn't put one on a SAR with a sloppy cover.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:24:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
There are no issues securing it to the dust cover, so long as you are installing it on a quality made AK.  I wouldn't put one on a SAR with a sloppy cover.

I agree. You could even mount the sight to a milled receiver cover or a Saiga receiver cover because they are much thicker than the SAR receiver covers. While my rear sight isn't the Krebs, it is a receiver cover mounted sight and it does hold zero. I think it's all a rumor as I've never heard anyone with a receiver cover rear sight mention that it doesn't hold zero.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top