Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2004 12:15:47 PM EDT
Firing today the trigger stopped resetting. It's an RSA trigger group. Only 80 rounds or less through the gun. I thought AK's are indestructible. It got really grity and hard, and then to reset it I have to push the trigger forward again with my finger. Reset spring? what?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:36:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the disconector adjustment needs tweeking.  The RSA FCG is an awesome unit, but generally does need some inital adjustments.  If you didn't get instructions with your SEAK, go to redstararms.com   they have detailed "how to" on their FCG's
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:32:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Contact Mike at ORF immediately and tell him what the trigger is doing.  Pics would be great if you can take them....

KF
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:47:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Contact Mike at ORF immediately and tell him what the trigger is doing.  Pics would be great if you can take them....

KF

What's his email? Couldn't find it on the ORF website. There's really nothing to take pics of, although I have not opened the gun up yet.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:49:46 PM EDT
[#4]
you can email him at:

[email protected]

Take a look at the disconnector and see if it is intact.

KF
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Got it. Didn't realize that Me223 was Mike. Did you forward him my email KF?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:17:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Could be that one of the hammer spring legs has slipped off of one of the trigger arms.  That will cause failure for the trigger to reset, and if the spring leg is rubbing against  the trigger arm it will feel "gritty."  

But it's most likely the RSA FCG has come out of adjustment.  I'd recommend cleaning the threads with acetone and using blue Loctite.  You must clean the threads as the Loctite will not work well on oily threads and the screws WILL back out.

Best,

Noah
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:49:13 AM EDT
[#7]
"Could be that one of the hammer spring legs has slipped off of one of the trigger arms. That will cause failure for the trigger to reset, and if the spring leg is rubbing against the trigger arm it will feel "gritty."

Same thing with the Gordon set on my AMD63.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top