Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2004 4:44:23 AM EDT
I was up in Minneapolis, Mn the other day so stopped by FAC in Fridley and bought a Polish PMKMS parts kit.   Sounded like a pretty good deal.  Its the same one that Global Trades is selling.   Figured while I was in town, thought that I would stop by and get it in person and save on the shipping but forgot about sales tax which probably figured out to be about the same but don't know what shipping would have been.  Anyway....guess about all I need is a reciever.  Don't have any way to squeeze rivits so maybe screws but not sure what I want to do yet.  Anybody else bought one of these and have it together and what did you do about the rivits?  Put together ARs before but never an AK.  Going to have to do some reasearch before I start this project.   Want to do it myself and not send it to someone else to do.  Any tips or comments????
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:46:20 AM EDT
[#1]
lots of related posts already in the biy forum
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:47:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Send it to ORF, and have them put it together on an OOW receiver.

You will be good to go then

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#3]
what ky sez! ohio rapid fire at http://www.ohiorapidfire.com or http://www.investmentgradefirearms.com/Services.htm

plus, there are several great builders on this site and ak.nutz who do great work!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:54:02 PM EDT
[#4]
First, find a builder you are comfortable with and has some reputation.  Don't lock on one builder.  Find out how they will 'neuter' the bayo lug and folding stock. I'm sure you'll want to reverse these mid september.

Second, find out what kind of receiver they like to use. ie. oow seems to have the market cornered on the receiver which is kind of scary.  I heard  somewhere a new quality receiver was going to hit the market.

Third, collect your compliant parts!

Good luck, the polish is my favorite Ak,
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:19:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Send it off to AK-USA for the build. You won't be sorry. His work is second to none. Attention to every detail is carefully crafted.  www.ak-103.com
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:45:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Here is mine before I finish it with a phos base and a Flat-black gunkote over the top.   I also have a new grip on the way.  And DONT make fun of the small 20rnd mag in it.  ah.. crap....I'll have to post later... something is FUBAR

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top