Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/4/2004 1:17:55 PM EDT
I get it put it on, DAMN it looks good,
I put a mag in, ...... I try to put a mag in..... I can't get the damn mag in!!!!!!!!
How funny is that!!!!!  I can't swivel the mag out forward enough to get the forward shelf locked.
Its hollow, so i am gonna try to shave the back down, but man how annoying is that!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 1:29:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep...., unless the front grip design sweeps forward a ways your limited to 20 round mags!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:04:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the forward verticle grip the laminated wood one? I saw it and was wanting to order it and the Romanian sidefolder also. I have a few 30rnd mags but primarily plan to use the tanker 20rnd mags...Just curious
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:24:32 PM EDT
[#3]
no the fwd grip in question is hard plastic.  i gotta find me some 20
s
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:46:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm sorry chapperjoe.  Just had a REALLY good laugh at your ass now.  Only because I probably would've done the same thing.    Wasn't probably the first, and probably not the last firearms SNAFU.  Thanks for having the cajones to post that story.  Cheers!!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:30:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Hell yeah..That would be my luck too man..Ya learn something everyday...
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:35:15 AM EDT
[#6]
yeah, i just wanted to warn y'all.  ALSO on my friends SAR 1, the lags just make it.
the grip is hollow to allow the mag to swivel up enough, but on mine, i need another millimeter or so.
time to get the dremel out!
till then, I need me some 20 rounders.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#7]
joe, tapco has 20rd hungarian mags for $9.95. they sell them as used but if they're anything like the last batch i bought, they're in like new condition.

they doubled the price on them from when i got mine, which kinda sux but i guess that's capitalism for ya!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top