Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/4/2004 11:16:04 AM EDT
I was wondering if someone could post some pics of AKs that guys use in tactical carbine or 3 gun matches?  We all know what the ARs that are so popular at these shoots look like, but how about some AKs?

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmmm...I'll be checking back in on this thread for some ideas maybe!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:46:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's my tactical SAR-1 that I plan on taking to some rifle gunfighting classes as well as the local 3-gun shoots here in town.

This was my tactical SAR-3

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:28:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Exactly what I was looking for.  Keep em coming guys.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:40:22 PM EDT
[#4]
What kind of stock is that Redbone?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:36:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What kind of stock is that Redbone?

That's one of ACE's stocks.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:00:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Redbone,

I'm local to AZ and interested in a tactical AZ similar to your SAR-3

Any ideas on where to get a setup similar to yours localy here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Redbone,

I'm local to AZ and interested in a tactical AZ similar to your SAR-3

Any ideas on where to get a setup similar to yours localy here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Whisper,

If you're looking for a .223 AK locally I'm afraid I can't help you. Maybe checking at the gun shows but they seem to be quite expensive nowadays. All the other items on it were bought through the internet. The Ultimak gas tube rail can be bought locally though Dillon's Precision in Scottsdale.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:56:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks,

I'll keep looking around, I had a chance at an SAR-2 that had been krinkov'd (Arizona Response Systems) and I missed out.

Anyone got any recomendations on where to get a quality AK? be it 7.62 or 5.45? I'm open for suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:05:26 PM EDT
[#9]
From this side you can't see the Blackjack saftey or the RSA mag release.

The setup works pretty bueno. I'm still trying to find some 20 round 5.45 mags, though.

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:22:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks,

I'll keep looking around, I had a chance at an SAR-2 that had been krinkov'd (Arizona Response Systems) and I missed out.

Anyone got any recomendations on where to get a quality AK? be it 7.62 or 5.45? I'm open for suggestions?

Mark at ARS does great work all around. Suggest a 74 in 5.45 or 5.56 for matches where you need fast follow up shots and only 60gr hits. SEAK is the best 5.45 deal now, but other suggestions can be made depending on how you want the gun trimmed out.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:51:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Mark at ARS does great work all around. Suggest a 74 in 5.45 or 5.56 for matches where you need fast follow up shots and only 60gr hits. SEAK is the best 5.45 deal now, but other suggestions can be made depending on how you want the gun trimmed out.  

I'll 2nd that. He's the one that did the snubnose conversion on my SAR-1 and besides his great work, his prices can't be beat.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top