Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/4/2004 8:04:41 AM EDT
It seems a dealer that does buisiness with another AK board is in a quandry.
My "friend" ordered and recieved some AK 74 mags from this company about 4 months ago.
Last week he got a call from this company and it went something like this:

Hello, Mr. *****.

Yes

This is ***** from ****** firearms, were trying to track down a shipment that may have been sent to you inadvertently.
We are trying to find where a set of CLASS THREE  fire control parts went, and know it was sent to a customer in your area, Have you recieved anything from us lately?

Ummm, no, just the magazines I ordered a few months back, if I had I would have sent it back since I haven't ordered from you since then.

OK, thanks, sorry to have bothered you, good bye (click)

WTF??????
I asked him if he thought it was a joke someone was playing on him, and he said no way as the caller ID showed the name of the company.

Things that make you go HMMMMMMMMMMMMM....
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:06:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Since the same parts (assuming AK set) come with kits legally for the rest of us, sounds like a waste of time. No 3rd hole rec, no FA gun, no problem. And resale value does not cover the cost of calls and shipping well.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:53:16 AM EDT
[#2]

By RS39: Since the same parts (assuming AK set) come with kits legally for the rest of us, sounds like a waste of time. No 3rd hole rec, no FA gun, no problem. And resale value does not cover the cost of calls and shipping well.

Even though they said "Class III FCG" I'm betting they wouldn't ask:  "Hey, you didn't happen to receive a full auto AK rifle [or receiver] from us on your last shipment did you?"  (That's assuming they also sell complete firearms including SOT weapons)  You see technically they're not lying if the particular set of FA parts they're looking for just happened to come packaged in a receiver sporting a wood stock and barrel.....

It certainly makes the inquisitive go "HMMMMM"?

Sly
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 12:23:10 PM EDT
[#3]
HMMMMMMMMM.........I wonder who this could be?

Just give us the initials..... perhaps it might be J-O-E-K-E-N?

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 1:39:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Shut yer cockholster!  You will be banned for talkin' bad about a sponser.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Shut yer cockholster!  You will be banned for talkin' bad about a sponser.

Hey, this is AK47.net WITHOUT the hyphen!!!

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:05:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
HMMMMMMMMM.........I wonder who this could be?

Just give us the initials..... perhaps it might be J-O-E-K-E-N?

Could be.
I don't know if it was an AK set or if they sell AR parts also.
There (misspelled on purpose) going through a lot of CYA it seems.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:52:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:26:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh, Wise guy, Huh?  Nyuk-nyuk-nyuk.....
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:28:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Here, about 1/4 of the way down this page:

www.joeken.net/store/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=39&cat=AK47+Parts+39

"AK47 full auto fire control group with rate reducer. Makes any pre-ban AK rifle a full automatic."
"$9.95 Retail $79.95" [!]

I think that they might actually believe that.    

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:55:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Here, about 1/4 of the way down this page:

www.joeken.net/store/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=39&cat=AK47+Parts+39

"AK47 full auto fire control group with rate reducer. Makes any pre-ban AK rifle a full automatic."
"$9.95 Retail $79.95" [!]

I think that they might actually believe that.    

Why does'nt he just say something like "why pay big money for a NFA AK, when you can have a full auto ak for only 9.99" .....

lol ...

Joeken = Moron ...

He should definitly re-word his product description there.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:04:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Fuck me, but I think that is conspiracy to manufacture an illegal machinegun in the eyes of the revenuers.  What a bunch of bugger eatting morons.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#12]
How can they sell a auto FCG and it not be illeagal?  I see em listed at diferant sites and mag's but I assumed you need to "pay your tax's" first dont ya?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#13]
The FA FCGs are leagal to own and sell.  You need the 3rd hole in your receiver to install the parts and current interpertation has it that without the 3rd hole there is no intent to make an illegal machine gun.  What I find stupid is there blurb about making any pre-ban AK full auto...dumb asses to the T.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I wonder why the dumb asses don't include a drill bit and reamer - what a bunch of maroons !
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top