Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/4/2004 4:40:51 AM EDT
I saw one bad experence on the AR board..Was just wondering about you guy's???
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:24:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I have purchased 2 pistols and sold 2 on GB without problems.   Thehighroad, glocktalk, and hkpro are other good places depending on what you are looking for.  Most precautions that one would take on ebay apply at gunbroker.  The important thing is to do your homework and know what you are buying.  Then ask via email the exact condition of the firearm and any other pertinent questions like build year if you know that there were changes during production.  I.E., I was looking for an early year HK USP .45, since they did not have the internal lock.  I found one in excellent condition, and the trigger is noticeably better than the later ones that I have shot.  It was about 98% and I would not sell it for the price of a new one.

Most people seem to be inclined towards honesty due to the rating system, although there is always the exception.  You ask the questions in an attempt to weed out those exceptions.

I also have a theory that most people don't really shoot their guns that often.   When I think about the folks that I know who shoot a lot with all of guns that they own, then add all of the guns bought and sold by everyone else, the numbers would add to huge amounts of range time.  And how many ranges are there and how often are they used?  I think that the average gun owner buys some protection, maybe goes to the range a few times a year, and feels like that is enough.  IMHO.

Which is a very long winded way of saying that I feel pretty confident recommending gunbroker.com, providing one is are willing to do a little homework.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:28:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I will second that.  I have never sold anything on it, but I have purchased a few times.  I usually check the feedback, ask a couple of questions of the seller, and dependiing on his/her responses make a decision.

I will point out though that there are very few real bargains.  Not as bad of fleecing as at a gunshow, but, still few "steals".

Geoff
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:37:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Couple tips...

Get a phone number, then cal the person a couple times before sending money..

Never buy without seeing a picture...This provides some assurance that they actually have what they are selling, and shows condition..

Save all your emails to and from the person..
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 1:37:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I've bought & sold there a whole bunch,  always very smooth transactions!!!

I agree with coltshorty14...., his tips are a good way to go for all internet sales.  

Any honest seller will not be offended by you checking them out!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:52:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Also....., if your real "Gunshy" about a deal.., most gunsites offer Escrow service for a fee
in which you send the money to an escrow account ,  the Escrow notifies the seller the payment has been received,  seller ships the item , but can not get the payment  until you notify the escrow service that you have received the item.  

I've never used it..., but I've heard it works well!!

Just another way to go!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:22:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought a rifle and then bought some mag's with no problem's..I tried too buy them from people that had sold alot of thing's with positive feedback...Still kinda held my breath for a few day's.. I was looking for some average's..They look pretty good for the online auctions...Thank's some great info..Have a good day.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top