Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/3/2004 6:23:29 AM EDT
7.62 x 39  built by Krinks in Florida, this is a fugly little devil.  Damm thing is missing a folding stock,  site peephole on the receiver cover And its got a 74 style brake!  Blahhhhh!  Gangsta', isn't it?

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 7:06:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd like a 12 gauge AOW, but an AK with no stock just doesn't suit me. Of course with a 30 round mag or a drum the shorty AK would have considerably more firepower. Guess it would be fun to shoot someone else's but I wouldn't buy one. Aren't flash hiders o.k. on AOW's? I think an authentic AKSU flash hider and perhaps a forward pointing front grip might be both more attractive and functional.

You're right though, I'd much rather have a post-ban krink than that unit, at least I could shoulder it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:10:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope no one is selling this thing passing it off as an AK "Pistol".  It is definately a SBR or AOW.

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:30:08 AM EDT
[#3]
hey, gotta website or addy for krink's? i'd love to get a gas block like that! i wanna build a sbr like the ddr krink and that's perfect!
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:31:23 AM EDT
[#4]
They said it was "registered".  Go to gunbroker.com and do a search for Krinkov.  You will see it.

Starting bid is $900.  LOL!!!

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:42:51 AM EDT
[#5]
man, that IS an sbr not an aow...but wouldn't a gun builder know that???

btw, fyi, their address is:

Krinks
1900 Elsa St
Naples, FL  34109  
(239) 514-4228

did you know there's also a "don johnson gunsmithing" in naples? is that THE don johnson from "miami vice"? i know he was a big gun nut and had a place down there...
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 10:32:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

It's an AOW.

No stock on a firearm plus a foregrip = AOW.

Just like a HK SP89 with a K-grip. SBR's have to have a stock, IIRC.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 11:13:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's an AOW.

I agree with you.  The only reason I threw in SBR is he said that the stock was "missing".  I have seen a lot of funky stocks fitted to AK's lately and you never know.

To really make things confusing, take that front vertical grip off and then it is an SBR since there is no way that thing comes in under 50 ozs.  Either way, it needs to be registered and I am sure it is.

Ouch, my head hurts.

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 1:32:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's an AOW.

Just like a HK SP89 with a K-grip. SBR's have to have a stock, IIRC.

Correct, its a AOW.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 2:27:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Is this the same company that made receivers?
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#10]
That is one ugly AK...gotta be loud too. No thanks.

Kevin
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:55:19 AM EDT
[#11]
ahhh, i bow to your vast knowledge, o wise ones in the ways of the gun!he
god bless the atf!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah Krinks made some recv's, but I dont think that is one of them, I havent seen any krinks recv's with the x and y stamps before, there recvs dont have alot of frills on them, not even much writing, just krinks on the underside and a serial is all Ive ever seen.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:45:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
if it has a vertical grip instead of a horizontal one, it's an aow but a horizontal one, even with no provisions for a buttstock, makes it an sbr?

Actually it is the weight (over 50oz) that would make it a SBR.

As I read the law, this 50oz limit also goes away with the AWB when it sunsets in Sept.

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:07:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
if it has a vertical grip instead of a horizontal one, it's an aow but a horizontal one, even with no provisions for a buttstock, makes it an sbr?

Actually it is the weight (over 50oz) that would make it a SBR.

As I read the law, this 50oz limit also goes away with the AWB when it sunsets in Sept.

Sure, but then it makes more sense to build it with a folding stock and either have the long BBL or SBR it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:21:08 AM EDT
[#15]
sweeeeet...god, i got every appendage crossed hoping this thing sunsets!!!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top