Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2004 9:17:30 AM EDT
I'm considering ordering one of these sights from Tantal, the PKASV which is the over the bore model and I'd like to get some feedback from somebody who has one. Is it better than the Cobra? I'm also worried about the 1MOA dot size, that seems pretty small and I'm afraid it would be hard to see and slow to pick up.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:07:32 AM EDT
[#1]
The size of the dot is 1 to 1.5 Mil, not MOA, which translates roughly to 4-7 MOA, depending on the brightness of the red dot.

BTW, those are my favorite sights, period.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:38:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Got the over the bore model last week from Tantal and I just put it on my VEPR K 5.45. I'm impressed with the site.........well built and nice optics, prolly better than my Kobra. I really like the black dot in circle when the power is off. It mounts nearly over bore, about .25" to the left. It's raining in the Great White Nort today (surprise, surprise!) but I'll try to give you a range report tomorrow. Hozer out.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 1:47:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a PK-AV from Freedom Optics about 3 weeks ago for my SAR-2.  Great scope for the money.  It is nice to have the adjustable red dot but I don't recommend sighting it in on a target that has an orange background. The dot doesn't wash out but it is difficult to see sometimes.
I am very pleased with the scope.  Well worth what I paid & it should last a long time.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top